Chapter nineteen

Sitting in the chair next to the bed Riley was sleeping on. She had bruises on her wrists and a black eye. When she takkled Hangman to the ground he twisted her body in a odd manner but when he slammed her against the ground he knocked the air out of her and imediatly punched her in the face. She had to wear a oxigyn mask to help with her breathing. I hated myself for not being able to protect her as I should have.
"Bradley."
I turned my head around and up and saw Maverick come in.
"Hey Mave."
I said in a sigh.
"How is she?"
"Her breathing is steady but she's still knocked out."
I pinched the bridge of my nose and placed my head in my hands.
"Bradley she's going to be okay. She's strong just like her mother."
"I just wish I could have prevented this entire situation."
He musthave felt sympathy toward me because he placed his hand on my shoulder and sighed.
"Don't be so hard on yourself Bradley, not one of us could have known this was going to happen. I know she means alot to you."
I scoffed and looked at Maverick.
"You have no idea how much she means to me Mave, she means more to me than my Top Gun carrier. I would do anything to protect her and be with her."
He looked at me and smiled. Let out a sigh and took my hand and placed Rileys hand into mine. Then nodded and walked out of the room.
"Oh one more thing Brad, you don't have to deal with Hangman for two weeks. He is under extreme house arrest and watch."
He winked and walked away.
Finally I was alone with Riley. I sat there for what seemed to be a hour. When I noticed my eyelids where getting heavy I looked at my watch and was shocked with the time 02:00 I crossed my arms and laid my head comfortably on my arms on the side of the bed holding Rileys hand.