2. Peter

I woke up the next day from a peaceful slumber by the call of our neighbours rooster. It must be 5 in the morning when I woke up and took a bath. I change into my long blue dress. It's a very simple dress with lace work on the neck and on sleeves. I wore my shoes and went downstairs towards the kitchen.

I put the kettle on the stove for making tea and set the table with the plates. I put the butter on the table and made my way towards the main door, taking the basket and my cloak. I went on my usual walk toward the bakery. I fetched the bread from Mr Tumbler and started walking back towards the home.

Once I was home, my father was already awake and was pouring tea in the cups.

"Morning, father," I bellowed, removing my cloak and putting it on the hook by the door.

I put the basket of bread on the table and took my seat around it.

"Morning child," he said.

"Today I am going to city, Billy will also go with me. If I got late, Billy's mother would come by, " Father told me, and I nodded. He is never late most of the time he comes back on time, but there are very few occasions when he gets a little late, so Billy's mother comes by and waits with me here. I am very close to Billy's little brother, who is barely 7, and his sister 10. They often come here to play with me, and I also teach them to read and write.

My father always told me that if you have talent, make sure people around you benefit from it. I have also taught Billy, but he is not interested much as his younger siblings are. Their mother is very grateful that I make some time to teach her children, but it is something that I love doing.

"Okay, father, but take care of yourself and be back by night," I ordered him, and he chuckled.

"Of course, little one," he said and stood up from the chair once we were done with the breakfast. I hold out his coat for him as he wears it.

"What do my child want from the city?" He asked me with a smile.

"Nothing, I only want you to come back safe and sound," I grinned, and he chuckled.

"Okay, books it is," he teased me, and my smile widened.

"If you insist," I shrugged, and he chuckled more.

He opened the door, and Billy was standing in front of the door with Peter. When little Pete saw me, he ran towards me and hugged my legs.

"Hello, pete," I cooed at him and picked him in my arms.

"How's my big boy?" I asked him as he giggled at me.

"I am fine," he said.

"Now that our Peter is with you, I can be relieved. He will take good care of you. Right peter?" Father asked Peter, and he nodded immediately with a grin.

"Yes, I will protect her," he said and put his small arms around my neck.

"Okay, off we go now, keep the door locked," Father said as they both sat on the cart filled with vegetables and fruits with our two horses in front.

"Take care both of you," I yelled from behind.

"Let's do some work, pete," I said, and he nodded his yes.