32. Confrontation

After breakfast I was the first one to stand and went out, this whole time I felt his gaze on me and it was doing things to me. I took few steps away from the house but then I felt someone grabbing my arm. I turned around to shout at the person but stopped when I saw that person.

"Achilles" I murmured and stared in his eyes.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He asked slowly, he looked so vulnerable at that moment.

"What?" I asked feigning innocence. His glare harden.

"You know very well what I am talking about" he said and I sighed looking away from him.

"Achilles just accept it and move on" I said nonchalantly.

"Move on? That's how easy it is for you?" He looked at me as if I have grown two heads.

"I love you Flora Williams, I love you. I know I did very bad things to you and for that I want to kill myself but you forgive me for that. You said yourself then why are you acting like that?" He said.

"I know you love me too I have seen love in your eyes for me, I can't be delusional" he was pouring his heart to me and it was very knew to me. His all emotions out infront of me.

"Please Flora don't do this with me, I can't live without you" he begged to me and I felt tears coming out of my eyes. I also don't want to do this, please God help me!
He wiped my tear when it fell on my cheek.

"Don't cry, my love" he husked.

"I don't know what to do Achilles. I don't know" I said glancing away and I saw Jane standing few steps away from us and glaring at me. I came back into my senses and looked at him.

"I am sure you will find new girl, actually I think you have already found her" I said pointing at Jane who straighten when he looked at her direction.

"What are you talking about?" He said confused.

"I have to go" I said and went away towards the cottage.

I do all the work and at evening I went to Amanda's place. She said she wanted to go on a walk with me. Fin wasn't at home at that time so there was no one stopping her. We both went out and walked around the village. We went to the market place where I once came with Achilles. I looked at the things, Amanda like jewellery so much so she took me to a jewellery shop. She bought few things and looked at me.

"You aren't buying anything?" She asked me and I shake my head.

"I have plenty of it and also I don't like them that much" I said and she looked at me.

"You are a girl and you don't like jewellery?" She was shocked.

"I like it but not like too much" I said.

"Alright Alright, then what do you like?" She asked me.

"I love books" I said with a broad smile on my face.

"Then let's go with me" she said pulling me to a shop in the corner. It was a bookshop.

"Oh my God, is it..." I shouted in glee and she chuckled at my reaction. I didn't know there was a bookshop here.

"I am going in" I said and ran inside the bookshop. I spend an hour there looking at all the books and ended up buying four. I was so happy and Amanda was happy seeing me happy.

"Thank God I have seen you smiling" she teased me and I glared at her playfully. We were now walking back to her house. We passed through the fighting ground where Fin and Achilles trains people. They were training when we passed, instantly Achilles eyes met mine. I looked away.

"What's going on between you?" She asked me.

"Nothing" I shrugged and saw Jane walking towards him, she start talking to him and start touching his arms and hands. She was flirting with him, she is not leaving any chance. I was angry at the sight and Amanda was observing everything.

"You love him" she said more to herself as she just realized something. I stopped in my tracks and looked at her.

"N-no I d-dont" I stuttered

"You do" she smirked at me.

"And you are jealous right now" she smirked at me.

"No" I said and looked away. Achilles pushed her away and shouted at her. She looked sad and start walking away. His gaze again fell on me and he was staring at me.

"Flora are you sure?" She asked me.

"Yes I am" I said looking at her.

"I am happy for you and my brother" she said as we continue walking.

"Amanda it's not possible" I sighed looking down.

"He loves you, you love him. Then why it's not possible" she was confused.

"I don't want to talk about it Amanda" I said and she didn't push me thankfully.

As we were walking I heard Jane's voice she was talking with some girl, both Amanda and I stopped jn our tracks.

"Why don't he love me? I am more beautiful then that pathetic girl but no he wants her. I was successful in fooling her and that stupid girl fell into my trap." She start chuckling.

"I didn't know she is that stupid" other girl snickered. They were making fun of me.

"I want to be a queen and I will be a queen, I don't care for Achilles or anyone else. I just want power." Jane gritted in anger and I was shocked. I look at Amanda who was fuming with anger.

"You don't love him?" Other girl asked.

"LOVE?" She chuckled.

"Love is for pathetic people" she said. I was also fuming with anger, she made me fool and I was stupid to fell into her trap. I cam infront of them along with Amanda. They both were shocked to see her.

"You bitch, how dare you? You think you will be a queen. My brother will never choose you" Amanda barked at her, she looked a little taken aback.

"No.. I was just joking" she said looking at me.

"You took advantage of my kindness, I really thought that you loved him that's why I ... I know I was stupid but now I won't be anymore. I break my promise that I made to you" I said and then pulled Amanda away towards her home.

I told her everything at first she was angry at me but then she hugged me. She advised me to mend things with Achilles before it's too late.

"Will he forgive me? I said so many bad things to him Amanda" I said putting my head in hands.

"He will! He loves you Flora" she said.

"Go now" she said pushing me towards the direction of his house.

"Do you really think so?" I asked once more and she glared at me.

"Alright I am going" I huffed and made my way towards his house. I have to applogise to him. I hurt him alot and for what? That lying girl! I scolded myself for believing her.