5. Rain

Two days had passed after the threat we received, now the whole atmosphere of our village has changed. The streets are mostly empty of children, which were once filled with the loud voices of children. Women also stay inside their houses. Some people have packed their belongings and are planning to leave our village, but some people who have no place to go to stays here and locked themselves inside their houses.

Father has strictly warned me to stay inside, he fetch bread in the morning now. I am worried and scared as well as father. Victor and his father on the other hand are planning on fighting them when they would arrive here but we all know they are not going to last against them. From what we have heard about them they are bey powerful and ruthless no one can stand a chance against them not even Victor. His father has tried to talk to him but he isn't hearing anyone. I don't know why he wants to suicide by facing them but I admire him for his courage at least he is not hiding in fear.

Some strong men from the village had gathered together with Victor and guard the town every night and day. I haven't seen Victor since, he strictly ordered father to lock me inside the house for which I am immensely offended. If it was in his hands he would lock me inside a room and not let me out. Thank God father hasn't told me yet about my decision to marry him or else he would definitely lock me up by saying that I am his fiance.

Father also takes shift in guarding, I have told him not to go and put his life in danger but he doesn't want to hide in fear. He said that a man should not be afraid of anyone. Victor's act of bravery hasn't gone unnoticed by father now he thinks that marrying me of to him is his best decision. I know I should be happy but when I think of marriage something in my heart stir making me restless. I don't what this feeling is buy something is telling me that it's going to be my worst decision.

It was night time when it start raining outside and I love rain. Father was also out and he told me to lock the doors and to not go outside but rain is very tempting to me so I couldn't keep myself inside and opened the back door running into the garden in the backyard. I felt small drops of water on my face and a smile came on my face. There are few things that make me happy my father, my books and rain.

'Thank God father is not here or else he would scold me for getting wet in rain' I thought to myself and giggled twirling in the rain.

'Yeah because you got sick everytime' my inner voice clapped back and I ignored it as usual. It is always a mood spoiler making me feel bad for doing fun things.

By now my dress and my hairs were drenched with rain and I can feel cold breeze on face shivering a little when it hits hard. I sang my mother's poem while swaying and twirling lost in my own world.

Moon is sleeping..
The stars are shinning..
Darkness is surrounding us..
Beware of the Monsters..
Lurking in the night..
Trying to harm us ..
Close the doors...
Close the windows..
Stay safe and sleep tight..

When I Sang my last word I felt pair of eyes on me and a shiver ran down my spine. I looked in the direction of forest that was few miles away from our home. This time I could make a silhouette of a man on his horse in the distance intensely gazing at me. I shuddered in fear, from here I can only see a dark cloak covering him and its hood covering his face completely, I can't see his face but I am sure he can see me. He pulled the reign of his horse lightly but when he was about to take a step a voice called me from behind.

"Flora what on earth are you doing here in the rain? Get here NOW!" It was Victor standing on the doorway with anger on his face.