34. Wait

After Achilles left, everything stopped for me. I was missing him everyday, everyday was like hell for me. I was in  a constant worry whether he is fine or not. There was no news from them. Fin and father were taking care of all the matters. The growing cold was also a hindrance these days.

It's been a week since he left for that war and no one knows when he will come. Ma on the other hand is very sure that he will be back without any scar on him. I have seen him fighting and I know he is the best fighter I have ever seen but still there is this nagging feeling in my heart warning me that something wrong is going to happen. I just want him to come back as soon as possible ofcourse after winning.

Amanda, Ma and Sofia everyone is preparing our marriage these days. Sofia had made a wedding dress for me in two days and its the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. Amanda already told me that she will be my bridesmaid. Peter would me our ring bearer, everyone is so excited for our wedding. Ma is over the moon these days and when I ask her to stop preparing saying to wait for him first but she ignored me by saying.

'I know my son better than anyone, once he will come back he will marry you instantly. He won't wait for anything so it's better we prepare beforehand' was her words.

I know I want to marry him but everything is going too fast, it feels too unreal. I am getting my happiness finally? Is it real? Or is it the calm before the storm.

There is something disturbing from last few days, the day Achilles left I saw Jane talking to Aria and Peter and when she sae me she went away. I asked Aria about it and she said she was asking about my old life and my village. I went to her and warned her by saying that if she ever come near my family again I will tell Achilles everything about her. She looked scared at that time and also asked for forgiveness but still my heart is unsettled.

I was laying in my bed when I heard a knock on my window, it's like someone threw a stone on it. I stood and went to see who is there and I saw a boy of 13 or 14. I was surprised to see him so late at night. He motioned me to come down and he looked a little tensed so I went down. Everyone was sleeping in their rooms. I opened the door and let him in

"Miss Beatrice is calling for you, she sent me to fetch you. The-re us some emergency" he said and looked very nervous.

"What would be so important at this time?" I thought out loud.

"It's Amanda" he said and I looked at him and without a thought I wore my shoes and cloak and went out with him. There was trees around Achilles house a little far away from other houses so at night it looks very scary.

As we were walking the boy stopped walking and turned towards me. He start crying and I was about to ask him but he beats me to it.

"Please forgive me" he said and I looked at him confused but then I felt a presence behind me and then as I was about to scream a hand covered my mouth muffling my scream for help and the boy ran away leaving me alone.

I thrashed around in the grip of my abductor but he had a very firm grip on me and then I stilled when he spoke.

"Calm down my love" he whispered near me ear and I felt like everything stopped around me.

"I looked for you everywhere, my love and finally I have you" he said in a sickly sweet voice but his grip on me was so rough hurting me in the process.

He pushed me deeper in the woods away from the village and it was like he knows the way here very clearly. There were no guards at this part of the village but then I saw two bodies laying on the ground. He killed the guards!

"Don't move" he hissed at me when I tried to free my self. He was pushing me harshly with him. Then after walking for half an hour we came in an open place where there were some of his men waiting for him he pushed me down on the ground mercilessly, if it wasn't for the snow I would have been hurt pretty badly.

"What are you doing here, Victor?" I asked him as soon as I landed on the ground.

"To get what's mine" he said glaring at me, his eyes held so much anger and hatred for me. There was no love in them.

"You left me" he said in accusing tone and pulled me up by grabbing my hairs.

"Leave me" I gritted in pain and anger but he started chuckling at my helplessness.

"You are pathetic as always, you think you can run away from me, huh? No you can't. You were always mine" he shouted at me.

"No I was never yours, I never loved you and will never love you" I shouted back. He again start laughing like a maniac.

"Love? Do you thing I care? I don't want your love, I only want you and I will have you now" he said.

"Achilles will kill you, he will found me" I said confidently.

"How so?" He said as I'd he was making fun of me.

"He won't know who took you. No body saw me taking you or there might be a chance he will think you ran away again like you did before" he said and I looked at him in shock. How did he know that I try to escape before. Someone helped him from the village but who ??

Realization struck me, Jane! She was asking Aria about my old village and my life. She told himm about me and... oh God! I shouldn't have forgiven her.

I have to do something so Achilles can know that it's Victor who took me but what? I looked around but could find nothing then my eyes went to his chest and I saw a badge on his shirt. There was our old village flag on that badge. I looked at him as he was glaring at me.

I freed my hairs from his grip and grabbed his collar.

"You will never have me, never" I shouted at him and then he pushed me away from him, I snatched the badge in the process and hide it in my fist.

"You bitch!" He said and knocked me with the hilt of his sword. I felt dizzy and fell down on the ground as I was about to doze off I threw the badge slightly away from me discreetly and hoped to God that someone see it hopefully Achilles. I also hope that tonight snow doesn't fall or else ....! Oh God No please were my last thoughts as I lost my consciousness.