15. A new Friend

In the morning, when I woke up, I went into the bathroom to take a bath and changed into a grey dress. I walked out and brushed my hair, and then I went downstairs. There was already food placed on the kitchen table for me. I sat down on the chair and started eating it. I start thinking of the ways to earn his trust and then escape from here. I kept thinking and thinking, but nothing came to my mind.

"A penny for your thoughts?" A voice scared me from behind. I glared at him, why he always do that and how couldn't I heard him.

"My thoughts are much more valuable than just a penny." I rolled my eyes at him and his stupid smirk, which graced his face.

"AND why would I tell you?" I gritted with anger. This man here brings the worst side of me. Look at me being angry early in the morning, and I am that kind of girl who never shouts at anyone but with him....!

"Because I asked you to," he said with one eyebrow raised as if he had stated something obvious.

"You know what? I don't want to talk to you," I said, standing up and making a move towards the stairs.

"So you don't want to hear what I am about to say to you?" He said after me, and I paused, glaring at him, motioning him to speak.

"You look angry, which means you don't want to go out, right?" He said as he stared at me, and I looked at him with wide grin.

"No, I am not angry," I told him.

"Let's go," I said and ran towards the door wearing my cloak, all ready to go out. He was just shaking my head with a small smile as I looked back at him.

"Let's go," I said, and he moved out of the door as I followed behind.

"I am taking you to Mother's place, but don't touch anything that can harm you, understood?" He asked me, looking at me sternly. I nodded at him.

"I want words," he said, and I sighed.

"I understand," I said. We then walked towards the cottage. On our way, I saw Sage standing in front of a house. Two guys were helping him. He looked so tired, he had dark circles under his eyes and his hair and beard were grown too. His eyes looked like they were staring in space. He looked in my direction, but what I saw made me shudder in fear he wasn't present his mind was elsewhere. He glared at me, but his eyes looked like he was scared. What happened to him? What was his punishment, but whatever it was, it wasn't good?

"Oh God," I murmured after seeing his condition. This could be me if I push him harder. Would he give me the same punishment that he gave to Sage? I looked at Achilles with fear. For a moment, I really forgot that he is a monster. This guy who is walking behind me is a monster, and nothing can change that. His face didn't hold any regret as he glared at Sage when he Sage looked at me and instantly ran inside the house he was standing in front of.

"What did you do to him?" I asked in a low voice, a little scared of him.

"You don't need to know that," he said, looking at me.

"You will punish me the same way if I did something to offend you," I asked in a small voice.

"It depends on your actions, Flora. I don't want to punish you, so don't give me the chance to," he said, and then I saw that we were near the cottage.