9. Not afraid of you

I sat on the edge of the bed the whole day alone, no one came in the room, not even Beatrice, may be she was embarrassed to face me, but it's not her fault. It's his fault. He is the culprit here. In the evening Beatrice came into my room with the food again but I told her that I won't eat anything. She tried to persuade me to eat a little, but I didn't comply. I was angry, and no, I was enraged. I won't back down now. Enough is enough.

"I want to talk to him," I told her.

"It won't be a good choice," she warned me quietly, but I was not afraid of him anymore. What more he could do to me if I don't comply, kill me? He is most welcome. If living means spending the rest of my life here, then I would happily choose death.

"I am not asking for your suggestion, Beatrice." I called her with her name, and she looked at me. I know I am being rude, but what more can you expect from me. My whole life is at stake, I can't give up.

"I won't eat anything, I want to go from here. Tell him to come here, " I said loudly.

"Flora, my child.." she took a step towards me, but I raised my hand to stop her from coming near me.

"I am not your child, I am only my father's child who your son very ruthlessly has left alone to die," I screamed at her. She looked hurt by my words, but I don't care right now. I want to get out of here, and I am tired of crying. My parents didn't teach me to be weak.

As I finished speaking, the door opened with a thud, and on the doorway stood that monster. He was glaring at me, and I glared back at him. I will show him that I am not afraid of him. I. Won't. Back. Down! I maintained eye contact with him. Neither of us was ready to back down. When I didn't break the eye contact, he smirked at me, which took me by surprise, and I blinked.

"You can't do that with me. You can't lock me here. I am not an object, " I screamed at him as a newfound frustration course through me. I can't believe his mere presence can bring the worst side of me. He didn't answer me. He was just looking at me with amusement running in his eyes.

"Are you deaf? Can't you hear what I am saying? I want to get out of here. NOW, " I yelled.

"No" was the only thing he said at my outburst, and I lost my mind. I looked at him in astonishment, and then I looked at the stairs behind him.

"Fine," I said and made a run towrads the door pushing him with force on my way. He fell down as I caught him by surprise. I ran downstairs and towards the main door. I opened the door and started running to God knows where. I just want to get out of here, away from him.

As I was about to reach the forest from which we came, a hand grabbed my arm roughly pushed me on the ground. My breath knocked out of my lungs at sudden force. I looked up at the person, and it was that Sage who hurt my father. I glared at him with hatred and anger. I want to kill him very badly, but I am not like him, I am not the kind of person who hurt others even if it's someone like him.

"Where do you think you are going dear?" He chuckled at me.

"You really thought that you could run away from us? From king?" He said. I scoffed at him, calling that monster 'king' that title doesn't suit him. He took my reaction as a disrespect towards his 'king', which really was a disrespect from me, which I don't care for.

"You have to respect him," he said as he pulled my arm roughly, making me stand up. His face was near mine, and I couldn't bear his filthy rotten smell. Did he even take a bath ever? I think not.