19. Achilles

Achilles pov....

I was on the field training with my men. I want them to be strong. If anything to to happen, they should be well prepared. I didn't want to leave today because my little flower was sick today. I wanted to stay at home and take care of her. But I can't ignore my duties, it's important too. It's been 4 hours now, and I am thinking of ending the training early so that I can go back to check on her.

"Stop, it's enough for today. We will continue tomorrow, " I said. They all seemed shocked for a moment. I never left them until they train for straight 8 hours.

"What happened?" Fin came to me when everyone else retrieved to their homes.

"Flora wasn't feeling good today, and she is at home alone," I told him. He has been my best friend since I was a kid myself. We grew up together. He is like a brother to me and I can confide in him without any doubt.

"Well, am I hearing correctly?" He said with a small teasing smirk, and one glared at him, making him straighten up. I know I am harsh, but this is the way I am brought up. My father taught me to get what I want by hook or by crook. He has made me what I am today. I lost him a few years ago to a disease that wasn't curable. He was the best fighter of his time, and I am grateful that I got from him.

"How is Amanda treating you?" I asked him, he looked a little happy today just not today but from few days he isn't in his usual bad mood. I know Amanda gave him hard time, sometimes I think I made the biggest mistake of getting them married but I also know that there is no other men who will take care of my sister like he does. It was him who came with the proposal to me when, first time Amanda tried to kill herself after Sebastian's death. He promised me that he would take care of her, and I trusted him.

"She has changed a little. She is warming up to me," he said with a smile.

"And I think your Flora has something to do with it," Fin told me, and I smiled internally at my little flower. She did what no one else could do for a year now.

"Yesterday, she made dinner for me for the first time," Fin told me with a cheeky grin. He looked genuinely happy.

"I am happy for you," I told him, and then we were on our way.

When the house was in my sight, a smile came on my face with the thought of my little flower inside. Now I have someone to go home too, I wait for the moment when we eat together. It's the best time of my day. I like her fierce personality when she talks back to me. I love that she doesn't fear me like everyone else, but in front of my people, I couldn't let her disrespect me. This is a sign of shame, I don't want them to think low of me. She is becoming my weakness, but I wanted to make her my strength.

As I neared the door, I felt like something was off. The door was slightly ajar. It should be locked from inside. I hurrily went inside and looked for her in the house. I went to her room but it was empty. I ran out of the door and towards my mother's cottage. I don't want to make any assumptions so soon, but I think she has escaped...!

If it is true, then nothing can protect her from me. I gave her everything, and I tried to change myself for her. I started trusting her..! I sighed.

"Mother," I yelled as she opened the door.

"Where is she?" I asked my face contorted in anger.