10. Don't lie

"You are a monster," I mumbled lowly.

"Dark Monster," he corrected me with a serious face, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Roll that eyes again at me, and I will make sure they stay there," he said in a dark tone, and I stilled. I wanted to curse at him, but I don't know how he would take it, and I am not ready for it. As he fed me again, I glared at him.

"It's enough, I am tired. I want to sleep, so leave, " I said, moving to the other side of the bed and covered myself with the blanket. He sighed loudly, and then I heard his footsteps going towards the door. He stopped there for a moment, then I heard the click of the lock, and just like that, I was locked in again.

I closed my eyes to get some sleep, and I felt so exhausted. I wanted to sleep and don't want to wake up again. Everything seems so difficult and impossible right now. I don't know what would happen to me. One part of me wants to give up, but the other part of me wants me to be strong, to fight back, and I really want to listen to that part more.

I hope tomorrow brings new hope for me because I really want to escape from here at any cost.

************************

The next day Beatrice came with a dress and some porridge for me. I happily took the dress as I was feeling filthy in my old clothes. I took a long bath and wore the new dress which was dark green and reached up to my ankles. The bodice was tight, and from the waist down, it flowed. I thanked Beatrice for the dress and food. I ate quietly, didn't want him to come and feed me again.

Beatrice sat in front of me on the bed as I was eating. She caressed my hair lovingly, brushing the wild strands away from my face. I looked at her as she smiled at me. She looked excited for something.

"What?" I asked her with a frown.

"I wanted to do something for you, I couldn't help you to escape, so I thought why not do something else for you so.." she said and then paused before continuing.

"I send a man to your village to know about your father health, he will come back tomorrow with the news hopefully a good news," she told me, and I screamed in happiness.

"Oh my God," I said and hugged her.

"Thank you so much. You don't know how happy you made me," I said with genuine happiness. As I part away from her, she looked at me with adoration.

"You look more beautiful when you are happy," she told me, and I blushed at the compliment.

"Am I forgiven now?" She asked me, and I nod excitedly.

"Yes, I will forever be grateful to you," I said once again, taking her hands in my hands.

"I just wanted your forgiveness but just let it be a secret between us, my son shouldn't know about it," she whispered quietly, and I nodded at her.

"Fine," I said.

"Now finish your meal," she said, and I smiled at her before continuing to eat. I was happy after so long, finally I will be able to know about my father's health, I just hope it's good news.

The whole day spent with me alone, Beatrice left after talking with me for hours. She told me that she is one of the village's healers and she has a hut few miles away from here. She also has her room there. I asked her why she didn't live with her son, but she said that his son likes to live alone and she also likes spending more time in the hut, learning about herbs and medicines. She told me about some herbs, I also knew about some of them as I have read a lot of books on them, I was also very interested in being a healer but in my old village there was only one healer and he was very grumpy so I never went to learn from him. But Beatrice offered me that she would teach me if I wanted to learn about it.