Ch.13 - Gift

"Miss P.!"

Yeojoo immediately turns around after hearing a familiar voice and heavy steps toward her. She tries to hide her smile as soon as she saw the guy waving at him smilingly.

"No running in the hallways," She said with an authoritative voice when he stops in front of her.

"There are no students around, so it's alright," His defense.

"Whatever. Anyways, why are you even running hurriedly?"

"Because I wanna know something."

"What?"

"Did she like my gifts? Did Dior like it?"

Yeojoo's smile fades."Well, Shownu... She likes it, but she really would like you to stop giving her gifts," Then her eyes saw a paper bad that he was holding. "Why do you even keep giving her a gift?"

"You know the reason, Ms. P. Because I like her."

'Dang it. I'm aware of it, but why do I always ask and end up hurting myself. Why do I even do this in the first place?' She thought, remembering the reason why she was in pain.

A month earlier

It was a peaceful weekend of Yeojoo. She was doing perfectly fine while sipping her orange juice under the sun, beside the pool, reading books, and enjoying her stress-free weekend.

She was in the exciting part of the book when someone is yelling her name so loud inside their house.

"YOO YEOJOO!" It was so loud that it echos to the entire mansion of Yoo.

She immediately stands up to check who it is even though she already knows because of his voice.

"Is this your house? You yell like you own this. Do you miss me that much for you to behave that way?"

"Maybe... no. So... ahm," He hesitates, scratching his nape shyly.

"What, Son Hyunwoo?!" Yeojoo screams impatiently, hands on her waist bossily.

"Dior... She's your friend, right?"

"And?"

"Does she have a boyfriend?"

"None. Why?"

"Are you sure?"

"I mean, as far as I know... But wait a minute, why do you ask?"

"I want to make move on her."

"Because?" Yeojoo asked dumbly.

"I like her."

And she was stunned to speak. 'As expected, it's Lee Dior.' She thought.

"And so what is it to me? Why the fuck are you yelling at her? Go to their house."

"Help me," Shownu plead, with puppy eyes.

"Why would I?"

"Because you owe me."

"God! Son Hyunwoo, not that again," She exclaimed, rolling her eyes.

"Please, Yeojoo-ah. Help me, hah." He begs, nudging her lightly/

"How many times are you gonna use that card to ask a favor?"

"This will be the last, I promise," He offers his pinky with a smile.

Yeojoo sighed, wrapping her pinky to his, heavily. Then left him as she walks to the living room, which eventually Shownu follows.

"So what now?" She said as she sits, crossing her legs.

"Is that a yes?" Shownu's eyes twinkle like a child that received candy.

"No, not yet. Let me hear the proposal first."

"I would be a secret admirer and I want you to send my gift to her," He simply said. What a perfect plan.

"Is that it? Is that your cowardly plan?"

Shownu poker face, offended by Yeojoo's question.

Yeojoo rolled her eyes, as she said "What am I? Your personal assistant? Delivery man? Dream on, Loser. It's a no for me and also, she's richer than you. She doesn't need those, she can buy them."

"Still. Please, my beloved best friend. I solemnly swear, I'll forget about that thing anymore, I will never gonna use that as my hidden card."

"Are you sure of that?"

"Yes. I promise," She then raises his right hand in the hair, hand open, "I, Son Hyunwoo, will forget that I saved Yoo Yeojoo's life when we were kids and I will never gonna use it again... If and only if, she'll help me this time, for the last time."

Yeojoo rolled her eyes for the third time in less than an hour irritably, because of how Shownu put too much stress on every word in his oath. 'Well, this will be the last time though. And he doesn't know how to break promises. Whatever.' She then stares at him. The longer she stares, the sadder and poutier his lips become with very very sad puppy eyes, clasping his hands together. She lets out a deep tired sigh and then she said...

"Fine. I'll help you... for the last time."

'And that's how you end up getting hurt, Yoo Yeojoo. You're helping him make his move to your best friend. What a supportive friend and a masochist. Stupid. You are the one who always breaks promises... to yourself' She was so drowned in her thoughts that she almost fell on the stairs if Shownu isn't fast enough to pull her waist to him.

Finally, Yeojoo came back to her senses but she malfunctions as she notices how close Shownu is to her, hands on her waist. Her brain malfunction, she doesn't know what to do, and so does her heart, beating crazily, butterflies fly in the wild.

She blinks rapidly, wets her throat, and pushes Shownu. Composed herself as much as she can, hoping that Shownu didn't see how she gets messily malfunctioned just because of that small gentlemanly gesture.

"You okay?" Shownu asked, grabbing her shoulders and checking her from head to toe.

"I-I'm okay, bye," Yeojoo removes his hands, then turn around and left him.

Shownu just watches her fade away in his sight, with his hand on his pocket. 

Meanwhile, Yeojoo, on the other hand, who's running away from her pain rashly. When she knows that he's not around anymore, she stops and leans on the nearest wall as she puts her hand on her chest, feeling the rapid beating of her heart.

"Stupid Yeojoo. You failed again. You like him again."

----

Short update, cuz I'm having procrastinating era right now.

This is kinda the snippet for the spin-off of this book, Showki's story.

OMO! Spoiler hahaha.

Enjoy.