Ch.14 - Best friend

"Chae Dodo."

It's not Dior's name that has been called but it definitely made her stop breathing, and so does her world from sipping. Asking why her friend says her girlfriend's name after she asked about who's the person she likes.

"Why--"

"Yaaah! Dodo, are you okay? Do you want to go home?" Sang-ah said, cutting Dior off before she explodes.

Dodo tries to calm Dior down, caressing her hand underneath the table. She then looks at Sang-ah and smiles at her.

"I'm fine. I can take care of myself, thank you for asking."

Sang-ah nods grab a glass of beer and drink it. Hiding her smirk between her drink, looking how visibly the anger on Dior's face makes her satisfied. 'Gotcha.'

After that awkward scene, they eventually call it a day. Sang-ah and Dodo send Dior off by taxi before they left. Sang-ah drives Dodo home.

It's normal for their car ride to be silent but this time, it's pretty initially awkward. After what happened earlier, Dodo still can't get it of off her mind. That, perhaps, already know that there's something between them Dior, and she provokes her to see her reactions.

It bothers her, making her shut up and stare at the window, watching the car passes by.

"I still don't get it," Sang-ah broke the silence.

Dodo quickly turns her head to Sang-ah, asking, "What?"

"How come you and Dior arrived together? You also lend her your thing? And you stick with her all night long?"

Dodo shrugs and chooses silence as an answer. She then pretends to fall asleep slowly.

"You can't fool me, Do. You don't get sleepy when you're drunk. So just answer my question, feed my curiosity."

Dodo sighed and rolled her eyes.

"I saw her, so I invited her to join us because Minji and Wonho were there. And me? lending her my jacket? You know that bitch loves wearing sexy dresses and gets easily uncomfortable when she sits. And lastly, I'm not sticking with her... I-- I'm annoying her, which unfortunately I failed. Happy?"

Sang-ah scoffed mockingly. "Since when did you care that much to her? Don't you remember every shitty and bitchy thing that she said and done to you? to us?"

"We're not kids anymore, Sang-ah. That petty banter that we've exchanged on daily basis is just a childish thing that shouldn't take seriously. They are still our friends."

Sang-ah suddenly speeds up to the side and steps on the brake hard enough to almost threw them out of the window.

"Do you even hear yourself, Chae Dodo?! Friends? And you even call those things childish when you almost dies one time when you fell from the ladder because Dior 'jokingly' bump into it, which ended you hospitalized for a month with a broken arm. That time she's having fun, laughing and joking around as if she didn't almost kill you," Sang-ah sighed heavily.

"And then, you just fucking call it childish thing. What is wrong with you?"

Dodo faces Sang-ah, staring at her coldly, "No, what the fuck is wrong with YOU?!" pointing her finger at her.

Sang-ah was taken aback, stunned to speak. It wasn't the first time that Dodo yelled at her, however, it scared her, especially Dodo's eyes. She knows that stare, the look in her eyes that could kill anyone. Dodo never gave her that gaze, and she thought that her best friend will never give her that gaze.

"W-what did I do?" Sang-ah stuttered nervously.

"That picture of Dior, the rumors and earlier. What are those? Why are you doing it?!"

"I--I don't understand what you're talking about?" Sang-ah's pupils shake nervously, as she tightens the grip on the steering wheel.

Dodo's aura darkens as her eyes get colder and a smirk forms on her lips.

"You really gonna play a dumb game on me? Naeun already confessed everything, detailed by detailed. So quit that dumb game that you're playing with me, I don't have time for that."

The nervous Sang-ah vanishes after hearing Dodo's strong statement. The shaky pupils of her turn into a fiercely cold stare, then she folded her arms sassily, flashing a devilish smirk.

"She fucking deserves it. That bitch deserves it, more than that, to be honest," She then let out a sarcastic loud laugh.

Dodo tries calming herself by exhaling air through her mouth slowly while closes eyes. As she opens it, she stares at Sang-ah emotionlessly.

"Why'd you do that?" She said in a controlled voice, holding back her anger that was eager to unleash.

"Because I hate her," Sang-ah casually said, checking her nails.

"Why'd you hate her?"

"'Cause I hate her?"

Dodo angrily grabs her wrist and tightens her grip on it. Sang-ah tries to take it back but Dodo didn't budge and just holds into it.

Sang-ah's eyes start to moist because of the pain she's feeling but she doesn't want to give in and show her weakness. She still tries to fight back and break the grip but no avail... especially when Dodo speaks in a cold deep voice.

"Don't make me repeat myself and answer properly," and stare at her deadly.

Sang-ah starts to tear up all of a sudden when she speaks,

"I FUCKING HATE HER BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING IN LOVE WITH THAT BITCH. THAT SAME BITCH WHO FUCKING LEFT YOU, HATED YOU, WAS MAD AT YOU, AND HURT YOU!

YOU'RE FUCKING IN LOVE WITH THAT BITCH, WHILE HERE I AM. THE PERSON WHO STAYED WITH YOU WHEN THEY LEFT YOU, WHO'S WITH YOU THROUGH UPS AND DOWNS, WHO FUCKING CHOSE YOU..." she chocked from her sobs, which made her pause from finishing her rant.

Before she continues speaking, she wipes her tears aggressively first and then inhale-exhale heavily and stares at Dodo's eyes emotionally as she says in an airy almost whisper voice,

"and the person who's fucking in love with you."

Dodo's eyes soften when she saw her best friend breakdown after she confessed everything. She slowly let go of her wrist. She's not stupid enough to not know her best friend's feelings for her. She just can't accept the fact that because of her love for her, cause harm to the love of her life.

Sang-ah suddenly grabs Dodo's hands and holds them tightly, scared of letting it go.

"Can you choose me instead? Huh?... Love me, love me instead, Dodo. I can do anything and everything for you. Please."

Then she hugs Dodo desperately, whispering, "please, love me, choose me."

Dodo breaks the hugs, pushing her away.

"I can't. I'm sorry. I don't see you in that way, Sang-ah."

"I stayed with you. I never leave you. I was the one who fixed you after she wrecked and left you. Why it can't be me? I deserve that love more than her. You should be mine, I own you."

"It's not like that, Sang. You don't own me in any way. I get it, you never leave me and I'm thankful for that but I really can't love you in that way. I love you... but only as a friend.

But after what you've done to Dior, I don't know anymore. I don't know you anymore," Dodo sighed, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"I DID THAT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

"Then I don't want that love of yours," 

And just like that Dodo left the car and stormed away as far as she can, leaving the devastated broken Sang-ah who was crying her heart out as she screams at top of her lungs.

---

I miss y'all. Kinda meh but I try to back on track.

Hope you like this.