Ch.15 - Ladder

It was their freshman year in college. Unfortunately, the old good friends are classmates in one subject. They hate it a lot, most especially...

"What I hate is that this is our first subject every week. And I can't change my schedule anymore," Dior rants first thing in the morning to her friend, Yeojoo, who just nods repeatedly while sipping on her iced americano.

It's just the start of the semester and she already changed her schedule multiple times, just to mirror Yeojoo's schedule.

"Oh! Looks who's here. Hi~" Dodo greets Dior and Yeojoo, who's just rollered their eyes. Which made her laugh and so does Sang-ah beside her.

"YAAAH! OH MY GOSH! WE'RE IN THGE SAME CLASS. I MISS YOU GUYS," And the neutral arrived, Minji.

Minji wraps her arm to Dodo's and drags her into Dior's and then pushes Dodo to Dior, bumping them into each other. Dior pushes Dodo away disgustedly, rolling her eyes as she rubs her hands filthily.

"YAAAH! LEE MINJI!" Dodo and Dior said in unison.

"Hehe. Sorry," Minji just peace sign goofily. The two sighed and shakes their heads.

When their prof arrived, he ordered the class to clean the gym first because they are the first set of students to use it. After giving the orders, he left the room with a promise that he will come back before his time is done.

Of course, even though they don't want to clean and get messily swear, they would rather choose it than do an exercise or play sports at their first meeting.

Girls and boys do their chores orderly, but of course, there are always students who choose to play than do cleanings, such as Dior and Minji. While their friends and classmates are sweeping the floor, and wiping the windows, they are running and joking around.

Meanwhile, Dodo volunteered to wipe the windows at the top by hand. As she slowly climbs the ladder, Sang-ah assisting and supporting it protectively.

As she wipes it, Dior and Minji run near where she at goofily, pushing each other. However, Minji gets pissed and pushes Dior hard but not strong enough to make her fall to the ground-- but Dior twirl and stumbled jokingly, which made her out of balance and let herself bump into anything.

She bumps onto the ladder, where Dodo climb. It is shaken, Sang-ah tries to save it, while Dior just laughs and is not aware of the accident she has done.

Dodo completely loses balance, when Dior rests and leans her back on it. She is caught off guard, so she jumps in the wrong way and used her hand to support herself. She screams in pain, and when she looks up her eyes widen, the ladder is about to fall on her. It was so close, but luckily, Wonho runs and immediately grabs it and stand it again.

When she looked around, Dior's smile fades when she saw what had she done. She wanna run and help her old friend, but Sang-ah is faster than her.

Yeojoo calls 911 panicking, the students try to see what they can help, and some of them alerted their prof immediately, Minji runs to Dodo's side while crying and saying sorry, Dodo is in pain but she still manages to calm her friend down, Sang-ah is anxious beside her assisting her injured arm.

They are all shocked, panicked, pitied, surprised, and concerned. While Dior was stunned. she statue where she was and ended up sitting after the chaos she have done.

She's just there, staring blankly in slow-mo motion at everything that's happening around her. From Dodo's crying in pain to when their prof arrived and announce that the class is over and call it a day until the emergency personnel arrived and escorted Dodo to the hospital. She's there, utterly stunned. Blaming herself.