61: ᪥Wedding Day᪥ [Finale]

After the wedding ceremony, you and Kyōjurō, along with your guests, were gestured outside. Kyōjurō had hired a photographer to take photos to memorize the moment.

You'd never seen a camera before; just looking at it, remained you of fireplace bellows only it was box-shaped and had a lens.

It's so warm outside that you thought for sure your kimono was about to catch fire as you and Kyōjurō took photos both together and individually with your friends and family.

By the time you were done, your cheeks hurt from smiling so much and colorful lights danced across your vision due to the harsh camera flashes.

When they instructed you and Kyōjurō to go to the banquet hall for the wedding reception, you practically rushed off, with your husband and guests trailing behind you. Kyōjurō can't help but laugh at the fact that you seem to practically flee once you were released by the photographer.

────────────

The banquet hall was absolutely gorgeous! With mahogany doors and cream walls, and beautiful decor and tableware. Inside another room was a long table filled with food, alongside a dessert table where the wedding cake set.

Once you and Kyōjurō took your representative seats up front, Kyōjurō was happy to see the ecstatic gleam to your eyes as your guests laid their gifts on a clear table nearby, whilst being offered wedding favours (hikidemono), which ranged from tableware, to confectionary and even catalogues from which they could all choose their own gifts.

"You look beautiful." Kyōjurō suddenly whispers to you.

Even after the ceremony, he's been complimenting you nonstop. But you weren't complaining though.

You blushed, "you too...I mean, you look handsome." You fluster and let him take your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours.

Minutes later, a prayer was said to bless the food and wholesome speeches were made as Kyōjurō gave a toast and thanked your party guests for coming out to celebrate your bond.

"Kanpai!" Everyone cheered.

A moment later, everyone was eating and enjoying their meals, whilst some made happy conversation as you watched them simply enjoy themselves, with your husband sitting by your side. Truly, it warmed your heart to see everyone come together and have a good time without the nuisance of demons.

You realized, that it's not just a wedding ceremony, but a moment of peace and merriment!

Soft relaxing music plays and you glanced at the man beside you. Kyōjurō doesn't move or seem interested in the celebrations, but he smirks when he catches your gaze upon him.

"Congratulations on your wedding, you two!" Mitsuri's voice cuts in as you felt her embrace you, causing you to tear your gaze away from your lover and return her embrace.

"I'm so happy for the both of you." She smiles.

"Thank you, Mitsuri." You say.

"Lovely to see young love blossoming." Said Shinobu.

"I'll say," Uzui says, giving Kyōjurō a friendly pat on the back, "welcome to the married life, Kyōjurō bro!"