Thoughts of Regret

'Well shit.' was all I could think as I turned on my heels and headed for the door.
My mind was overflowing with thoughts as I tried to figure out what to do next. 'He's pissed and I'm not even sure why. It's not as if I'm not allowed to have friends.' I sighed and rolled my eyes. 'Wait. No. Why am I acting as if this is okay. It's not okay. He can't be mad at me for having a friend.'
I suddenly stopped at the door, my hand frozen on the knob. I turned around to face Levi and blurt out some kind of argument. I didn't mean to, but I nearly screamed,
"What the hell, Levi?! He's my friend, I really enjoy spending time with him, and he treats me well, u-unlike..." I paused to decide if I really wanted to go there. Oh, what the hell. It's too late anyway. "...Unlike you! You're always so cold..."
Without knowing it, tears began leaking from my puffy eyes. My face was red with anger and wet with sadness. I quickly wiped my tears, hoping Levi hadn't noticed them.
When I looked up again, I saw Levi staring at me with wide eyes and an otherwise blank expression.
'Shit, I really can't handle this anymore.'
A sob escaped my throat as I broke my gaze with Levi and quickly left the room, slamming the door behind me. I could practically feel Levi's piercing eyes penetrate through the door, and the weight of his startled gaze lay on my back.
'Why did I have to say such a crappy thing?! Even if it was true, saying it was a mistake...'
Thoughts of regret filled my mind and I wondered what would happen next.