Chapter 5 - Honeymoon

"Hey, Dave, do you still know French?" Jack questioned.

"Of course I still know French, I took 4 years of French in school," Davey scoffed, "I wouldn't just let that go," 

"Good to know," Jack nodded.

"Davey, say something in French," Crutchie, who was driving Jack and Davey to the airport, chuckled.

"Hmm... Il fait froid dehors," Davey shrugged.

"It sure is," Jack agreed.

"Huh?" Davey blinked.

"It's like 15 degrees outside, I'd call that cold," Jack pointed out.

"You speak French?!" Davey hadn't heard anything about this.

"Barely... I just thought it would be cute and romantic to speak to you in French... It's hard to learn, though," Jack explained.

"Alright, here we are, you two lovebirds have fun in Santa Fe, send me photos, and watch out for tarantulas," Crutchie waved as Jack and Davey got their bags out of the car and headed into the airport.

"The tarantulas are hibernating!" Davey called as Crutchie drove away.

After what seemed like forever going through airport security, Jack and Davey finally made it to their gate and were waiting for their boarding time.

"We have a 7 and a half hour flight ahead of us," Jack chuckled, "do you think we'll be able to keep ourselves entertained?"

"I think that'll be easy," Davey admitted, "don't you have Muffin & Bear books to work on?"

"Did you say 'Muffin & Bear?'" a woman who was sitting near them asked.

"Yeah," Davey nodded.

"My nephew loves those books, I got him one for his birthday," the woman opened her backpack and showed them a hardback copy of one of the Muffin & Bear books.

"Oh, that's fun," Jack smiled.

"Hang on..." the woman flipped to the 'about the author' section in the back of the book and looked at the picture, "YOU'RE Jack Kelly,"

"Kelly-Jacobs, now, but yes. That's me," Jack chuckled.

"My nephew's going to flip out, can I get a selfie with you?" the woman got her phone out.

"Absolutely," Jack smiled and the woman took the selfie.

"My name is Alexis April," the woman introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you, Alexis," Jack nodded.

"So, do you two know each other?" Alexis looked back and forth between Jack and Davey.

"Yeah, this is Davey, he's the reason I'm 'Kelly-Jacobs,' now," Jack nudged Davey.

"Oh, cute," Alexis realized, "how long have you been together?"

"Well, we've only been married for a few days, but we've been dating since... oh... ninth grade?" Jack looked at Davey for confirmation.

"Last day of eighth grade is when you asked me out," Davey corrected him.

"That is the cutest thing I have ever heard," Alexis gushed, "So, this is your honeymoon, then?"

"Yeah," Davey took Jack's hand, "he's wanted to go to Santa Fe since he was a kid, and we couldn't think of anywhere else to go,"

"You know, if it means anything to you nephew, I can sign his book," Jack offered.

"Would you?" Alexis got the book back out, "It would mean the world to him,"