Chapter 13 - A Crappy Job

On Saturday night, Katherine and Sarah were able to watch Nate while Spot and Race went out, which was very exciting for Spot and Race, because it had been a while since they'd been able to go out anyway. Even before Nate, their opposing work schedules made it difficult for a night out. 

"Nate, do you have your tamagotchi?" Spot asked while dropping Nate off.

"Yeah," Nate showed him.

"Okay, we'll try not to take long," Race waved, "I don't know, behave I guess. Not that I have to tell you,"

"Have fun," Nate waved.

"Nice skirt, by the way," Sarah pointed at the blue star-pattern skirt Race was wearing with a purple sweater.

"Thanks, there was a sale at Walmart last month," Race explained.

"Dang it, we missed it," Sarah looked back at Katherine, "that skirt would look so cute on you,"

"Is everything good?" Spot asked.

"Oh, absolutely, you can go," Sarah made the 'shoo' motion with her hand, "have a great time,"

"Bye, Spot, bye, Race," Nate waved again.

"Thanks again," Spot smiled as he and Race left the front door and started down the street, "people had better not hit on you again, Racer,"

"Who doesn't want to hit on the supposed twink wearing stars?" Race laughed.

"You were wearing plaid last time," Spot pointed out.

"And I was #$%&ing hot," Race nodded.

"Especially when you thought trying whiskey for the first time was a good idea," Spot joked.

"It was not good," Race shook his head.

"You're just a wuss," Spot chuckled.

"I am not," Race elbowed him playfully.

Spot and Race went to a bar they'd only been to once before, but it was nice to revisit some old memories. 

They didn't spend that much time out, but it was still fun. They weren't usually people to stay up late, but when they got home and sent Nate to bed, they stayed up and watched movies, which was probably why they were still in bed at almost 9 on Sunday morning. 

"Are you guys going to get up anytime soon?" Nate asked from the hallway.

"Probably not," Race admitted.

"Yeah, why don't you make yourself some breakfast and watch Mythbusters or something?" Spot added.

"Okay," Nate went to the kitchen.

"How late did we stay up last night?" Spot asked.

"I dunno, it had to have been like 3 or something, we watched like four movies," Race chuckled.

"Wow, that's a problem," Spot sighed, "I have to work tonight,"

"I have to work tomorrow morning, I guess we both have today to recover," Race figured.

"Where are you cleaning porta-potties tomorrow?" Spot asked.

"Some buildings that are being renovated over in Manhattan," Race replied, "pretty boring,"

"Ah," Spot nodded.

They went back to sleep and slept for another couple hours before finally getting out of bed right around the time for lunch. 

"I don't feel like making lunch," Spot announced, "who wants McDonalds?" 

"Me," Race chuckled.

"Yeah," Nate agreed.