Chapter 6 - Bethany Birthday

"Jack, where did you put Bethany's birthday present? We have to leave now," Davey was looking in the closet.

"I've got it," Jack replied, "let's go,"

Bethany was only turning 1, so the party was more for the adults than her. Katherine and Sarah had their apartment decorated with pink and blue decorations, and Bethany was all dressed up in a yellow dress. She had a matching headband, but she didn't like wearing it.

"Has she started showing a personality, yet?" Davey asked Katherine.

"Oh, definitely," Katherine laughed, "she's a little cat lady,"

"Makes sense," Jack nodded, "your cat is the friendliest,"

"I hope she doesn't become allergic to cats," Sarah looked over at Bethany, "that wouldn't be good,"

"The cool uncle has arrived," Race entered the apartment, "and I brought Spot with me,"

"If it weren't for me, you wouldn't even be her uncle," Spot pointed out.

"This is one WACKY family tree," Jack chuckled.

"Ugh, don't remind me," Spot groaned, "I can't get over the fact that your old principal is my niece's grandpa,"

"Oh, ew," Jack realized.

"No, he is disowned, he doesn't count," Katherine argued, "Bethany's grandpas are Dean and Mr. Jacobs, no one else,"

"Hey, Betty," Race picked up Bethany.

"Don't call her that," Sarah rolled her eyes, "Betty is Katherine's Grandma,"

"Wace," Bethany smiled.

"Awe," Race chuckled, "she knows my name,"

"What was her first word, again?" Spot asked.

"Bubble," Katherine answered.

"Bubble?" Bethany repeated.

"Now look what you've done," Sarah stood up, "I'll go get the bubble wand,"

"Where... is Felix?" Jack looked around.

"Hiding," Katherine answered, "he doesn't like Spot,"

"I'm not crazy about him, either," Spot rolled his eyes.

"BUBBLE!" Bethany shouted as Sarah came back into the room with a container of bubble soap. Race set her down so she could go pop the bubbles.

"Sarah, mom and dad are here," Davey looked out the window.

"Are my parents here yet?" Katherine looked, "it's not like Dean to be late to anything,"

"Yeah, that's strange," Spot agreed.

"Hello, everybody," Mrs. Jacobs waved as she entered the apartment.

"Gam Gam!" Bethany ran over to Mrs. Jacobs, who scooped her up and hugged her.

"Happy birthday, Bethany!" Mrs. Jacobs beamed, "I can't believe you're already a year old! You're getting so big!"

"Hi," Les was close behind Mrs. Jacobs.

"Hey, Les," Jack nodded, "what's up?"

"Not much, what's up with you?" Les shrugged.

"Busy being married to your brother," Jack chuckled.

"I'm starting to get worried," Katherine looked out the window, "I still don't see my parents,"

"Did they call you at all?" Sarah asked.

"Let me go check my phone," Katherine stood up and went to her bedroom, "oh, the cake they ordered wasn't finished yet, they texted,"

"Ah," Sarah paused, "mom, dad, you can sit down,"