Chapter 39 - Secretly

Les-Katherine

Les: Katherine, I need help.

Katherine: What's up?

Les: I can't tell my parents and I can't tell Davey or Sarah because they'd tell my parents. I know you can keep secrets because you had to hide that you were gay for so long, and I trust you more than I trust Jack so here I am. 

Katherine: What happened?

Les: Do you think my parents would get suspicious if I got married?

Katherine: Are you getting married?

Les: That's what I'm trying to decide. 

Katherine: Well... I'd say you're a little young, but that would make me a hypocrite, since Sarah and I got married at your age... roughly. Why would your parents get suspicious?

Les: Because I'm in college with my girlfriend.

Katherine: I think you're overthinking this, I don't think they'd have a reason to be suspicious.

Les: even if I got married suddenly without plan or warning?

Katherine: Oh... I didn't realize that was what you meant.

Les: If this is going to happen, it has to happen fast.

Katherine: How come?

Les: Because if we wait too long there won't be a point anyway, everyone would put two and two together.

Katherine: Oh my goodness, is your girlfriend pregnant?

Les: Yes, and I'm freaking out.

Katherine: Let me step out of the room, then I'm calling you.

Katherine looked over at Sarah, "I have to step outside and make a call,"

"Oh, okay," Sarah nodded. She figured it was for work or something, as was often the case for Katherine.

Katherine stepped outside and went downstairs where Sarah couldn't hear her through the door, then she called Les.

"Katherine, what do I do?" Les sounded frantic.

"Did Sally tell her parents?" Katherine questioned.

"Yeah," Les replied.

"Then you should tell yours. Have you met your mom? I don't think she'd care. She'd just be excited to have another grand baby," Katherine advised.

"What about my dad?" Les pointed out.

"If he is upset about it, you mom can talk him out of it," Katherine shrugged, "we're all going to your parents house tomorrow night, you could video call in then and tell everyone,"

"Okay," Les sighed.

"I can't wait to be an aunt," Katherine beamed, "how far along is Sally?"

"Not very far, that's why we'd have to get married quickly if we were going to," Les explained, "you haven't spoken to Davey and Jack lately, have you?"

"No, why?" Katherine questioned.

"No reason. Thanks for the advice, talk to you later," Les hung up.

Katherine went upstairs and back to her apartment. 

"We still need to talk about the pride parade," Sarah pointed out.

"Yeah... it might be best to leave the kiddos with my parents... or your parents," Katherine figured, "since Johnny is walking now,"

"Or we could get another leash," Sarah joked.

"No, never again," Katherine still got flashbacks to Bethany's discovery of how easy it was to unbuckle her leash backpack. The only way they got Bethany back was because a friendly police officer had picked her up.