Pilot

BOOK ONE: THE WAR

This story is rated M. There is sexual content, swearing, mentioned domestic abuse, violence, character death, and adult themes ahead. You have been warned. This story has plenty of humor, love, and fun - but please keep in mind there is also what I just mentioned. There are certain times this story gets very dark, please be mindful of this if you have any triggers with abuse, violence, and death. Thank you.

All characters are depicted as 18+ and please remember - this is a fictional story, I am not trying to sexualize any BTS member or interpret them as bad people. This is completely fictional, please don't take it too seriously. With that being said, enjoy Adrift...

To celebrate Adrift's 1 year anniversary, this is the rewritten version. This means it will have much better spelling/grammar along with deleted/added scenes.

Happy birthday Adrift! June 7th, 2021 was when it was completed, and June 7th, 2022 is the release of this! Enjoy book 1!

~~~

~22:00~

"A-ha!" he says, pulling the wire free of the panel. He does a small victory dance before floating over to the center of the room, looking up and out of the window above him, where nothing but the vastness of space lies ahead. He smiles to himself, proud that he finally fixed something.

For two years now, Park Jimin has been a low-tier engineer onboard the Hephaestus, a transport vessel used for carrying various minerals, ice, and other supplies to different planets and stations. He never really got any chance to be noticed by his superiors: they never noticed nor cared about his work. He didn't mind it though. Sure, the pay sucks and it's probably the worst job he's ever had, but besides that, everything's fine.

He huffs out a sigh, letting himself float in the 0g. Normally the artificial gravity would've kicked in by now, but those systems haven't been fixed yet. That's his next job. He finally got the main power back on track due to that small wire pull he performed. Some jobs are more in-depth while others are as simple as a wire pull. He knows deep down that the artificial gravity will be much more than a wire pull.

"Silver Engineer Park, what is your status?" a male voice says over the comm panel. Jimin's eyes snap open as he panics momentarily. Someone is talking to him? Someone not on the engineering staff? For a brief moment he gets excited, but he forces it down to instead float over to the comm panel on the wall straight in front of him.

He gulps before pressing the button. "Power should be back on to full capacity, sir." He releases the button, gnawing on his lower lip in dread. Did he mess up? Is power not fully operational? Did he break something? Is something wrong? All these questions linger in his mind as the devastating seconds of silence continue on.

After what feels like years, a laugh is heard. "Well, I'll be damned. I'm slightly impressed. Good work kid," the male voice, he now recognizes as Executive Kim, says.

Jimin replies with a, "Thank you sir!" He releases the button and lets out a small squeal, giving himself a mental pat on the back.

Executive Kim Namjoon, second-in-command. Jimin has always dreamed of being an executive; however, as a silver-ranked engineer, he knows he'll never get there. The ranks are pretty simple. There's bronze, silver, gold, then platinum. Platinum engineers are normally the only ones who speak directly to the superiors, which is why Jimin's so surprised to have been addressed by such a high-ranking officer.

He's about to let out another high-pitched squeal when the whole ship shakes. Mere seconds later, the artificial gravity kicks in, and he falls face-first to the floor. Jimin lets out a loud groan. "Are you kidding me?" he says, although the sound is muffled by the metal floor.