Valor

~11:45~

"Our comms are weak, the Hep is gone, and there are five survivors. Things are not looking good for us," the Captain says.

"How can Mars help us?" Baekhyun asks, leaning forward on his seat. Everyone sits in the small bay. And by small - it's actually tiny. Just an area leading up to the cockpit with six seats, three on each side.

"The Hep is a Martian ship, they'll have to investigate this. Plus, we have Y/N L/N on board. Her father is considered a hero on Mars. They have to listen to us," Namjoon says. The crew goes silent, pondering the situation they're in. Jimin sits next to Hoseok, who's gazing down, his hands resting on his knees.

"How will we find out who did this?" Hoseok asks, not taking his eyes off the ground.

Namjoon sighs. "I don't know if we can, but we have to at least try. Someone blew up a carrier class ship, this wasn't a whoopsie, this was planned. Someone was tracking us."

"What if we broadcast a message sharing our side of the story?" Seulgi asks. Namjoon perks up at this. She is the intelligence officer, she would know about these kinds of things.

"What do you mean?" the Captain asks. Seulgi is the second highest rank here, so Jimin mostly trusts her. Being a gold takes hard work. Hell, Jimin took a year and a half to be promoted to silver, and it's honestly a miracle that even happened.

"According to Pilot Byun, we will arrive at Mars in five days. We do not know what will happen in those five days. Having our side of the story out in the open may lead to someone trying to help us before anything can happen. Having a L/N will mean Mars and Ganymede will try and protect us." Jimin already knows that's a horrible idea. He does somewhat trust Seulgi like he mentioned earlier, but it seems they're missing the obvious picture here.

"Good idea, Agent Jung, start working on our comms system right away," Captain Kim says.

Hoseok peeks up at Jimin for a split second before hopping up, heading into the cockpit. Jimin gnaws on his lower lip. He knows how bad of an idea this is. This could start an entire war. People will be pointing fingers like crazy and putting the Athena in danger, even if Ganymede and Mars vouches for their safety.

"Right now we don't have much a plan, but we'll make it work. Everyone, back to your stations," Namjoon says.

Everyone salutes, dispersing. However, Jimin lingers. Namjoon notices, about to speak when Jimin cuts him off by standing, giving his superior a nod before sauntering off down the corridor. He needs to clear his head. Jimin would never question authority, even if he knows it's wrong. But now since there's so much on the line, he can't help but have such thoughts. Is he wrong to think this way? Only one person will know: someone not associated with the crew.

His feet lead him down the numerous corridors before he finds himself face to face with the medbay door. He lets out a shaky breath, not entirely sure what he's doing. Truthfully, he's not friends with anyone here. He knows them, and he'd say he trusts them based on their standings, but overall, he doesn't talk to them. Having an outside source might be what he needs. After all, she's the first person he's met from Ganymede.

He puts his finger out, hesitating to press the button. He stares at, contemplating his options. After an entire minute of him standing there in his thoughts, he gives in, taking a deep breath and pressing down on the button.

"I have a question for you," Jimin starts, his words almost hitching in his throat.

"Well, hopefully I have an answer for it. Ask away," she says, her voice dancing around the walls known as his mind. It takes a beat for him to regain his composure. When he does, he finds the words he didn't think he knew how to say.