𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖.

'Clank!'

The sound of another coin being placed on Megumi's plate startled everyone. What surprised everyone more was that it was Shinomiya who did that.

"Hey dunce!" the Chef called for Megumi.

"Y-yes," she stuttered.

"The spices you used...was it allspice?" he asked.

"Y-yes."

"A spice that's useful for taking away the unpleasant smell of some foods," Chef Mizuhara added.

"It seems that's what you used to remove the bad smell of the chicken liver," Chef Donato pointed out.

"Umm...y-yes," Megumi stuttered again. "Ah...of course there's that too, but...since yesterday all of the senpais were constantly eating and judging everyone's cooking, so I added allspice. Besides removing the foul smell, allspice also has digestive properties," Megumi explained. "So, even if it was just a small bit, I wanted to include something that would make it easier on your stomachs."

Megumi glanced up and was startled to see tears streaming down the faces of the two instructors.

"Megumi-chan is really the best after all," Chef Inui cried out.

"Our eyes weren't deceiving us after all," Chef Donato added through tears.

"She's your type. Just admit it." Chef Mizuhara deadpanned.

"It's not like that Mizuhara-senpai," Chef Inui whined.

"Even if it's clumsily done, it leaves an impression on you. That's the type of cooking it is," Dojima-san added. "Even in a shokugeki, she tried to look out for people who would be eating her food. You're clearing the way to the top and yet, you still consider such important things."

"Tch." Shinomiya let out in annoyance. 'So, I was in the palm of Dojima-san's hands all this time. I see now. For a long time, without any regard for my customer's faces or the voices of my staff - I've only been cooking on my own!'

"What the -" Shinomiya was startled when Chef Inui slowly approached the table and slammed a coin on Megumi's plate. "There, now the votes are tied," she added with a smug look. "In other words, it's a draw."

Dojima-san hummed in agreement. "A tie now. It means that the situation has been turned to how it was before the shokugeki, then Tadokoro-Kun should be left alone."

Hearing this, Souma and (Y/n) couldn't help but sigh in relief. Did they just dodge a bullet?

Shinomiya on the other hand just gave out a tired sigh. "Unexpected from the beginning till the end!"

He eyed the blue-haired female who put up a fight against him. "Well...you've been striving to survive all day long," he remarked while turning to leave. "Dunces have their way of doing things I suppose."