chapter 21.

"Yes! the next batch of soft souffle omelet is done!" Souma muttered in excitement while picking up the tray and getting ready to place them on the counter

The redhead was shocked when he saw the scene in front of him. Almost all of the omelets from previous batches were left untouched; to his horror, they are now sunk and cold.

Realization struck him like a lightning bolt when he scratched his head for the possible reason behind this type of outcome. 'The dishes that are served in a buffet may not be eaten right away.  It is different from the restaurant Yukihira, where the dishes are served at the right time and temperature to the waiting customers. On the other hand, in the buffet style - the dining time and the food choices are decided by the guests themselves. I misjudged the situation. Souffle tastes best when it's served right out of the pan, otherwise, it's impossible to convey its real taste to the customers. Is that what (Y/n)-chan was trying to say to me earlier? Before I abruptly left her in the middle. I really need to start listening to her more. What should I do now? Even if I keep serving, the dishes will be destroyed before the guests even get to taste them. But the worse thing is, Nakiri keeps attracting the guests.'

Once again, Dojima Gin's voice rang through the intercom. This time, it was Nakiri Erina who completed 200 servings.

"Looks like you get it now," she haughtily replied, "for a buffet, the appearance and the lasting taste are more important than anything else. In other words, you chose a dish that is least suitable for this task. I can finally bid you farewell now."

"Before the time is up, you can stare at my beautiful dishes quietly -"

Without paying heed to any of Nakiri Erina's words, Souma took a deep breath, trying to calm down his racing nerves.

"Souma, lead the new guests to the empty table!" (Y/n) said to Souma.

Currently, it was rush hour in the restaurant Yukihira and it was filled to the brim with customers.

"Souma, prepare some wet towels and side dishes." This time it was his dad who called out to him. "And hurry up and clean table 3."

"(Y/n) get the bill from table 4."
"Yes, Joichirou-san."

Souma, who was cleaning up the dishes was freaking out internally. He was unable to process all these commands that were being thrown at him. The poor boy was so confused that he forgot all the tasks he was asked to do.  He desperately tried to remember them but it was all in vain.

Souma let out a startled cry when he felt a stinging sensation on both of his hands. His dad was now standing in front of him and was the reason behind this pain.

"Listen up Souma," his dad started while crouching down to his height. "Instead of panicking in the kitchen, just sort out the situation in front of you first. Sort out the tasks in your mind one by one and then take action."