chapter 20.

Merry Christmas guys

Merry Christmas guys. Hopefully all of you are having an eventful and fulfilling day. And here's a small Christmas present from me.
Enjoy....

The (h/c)ette let out a tired sigh as she walked out of her room the following morning. It was currently 5 AM and she was somehow able to come up with a final product and get a good 3 hours of sleep.

"(N/n)-chan!"

She heard her name being called and she turned around and saw that it was Souma who was calling her. "Souma," she acknowledged his presence, "what's up?"

"Nothing. You got enough sleep?" he asked while catching up to her pace.

"Yes," she awkwardly answered. 

Why is there this awkward air around them? Souma was unable to understand this.

"So, have you decided on what you're going to be making?" he asked.

"Of course I have," she replied exuberantly. A bright smile instantly appeared on her lips as talked on and on about her new recipe.  A small smile automatically started playing on the redhead's lips too. He released a breath that he was unconsciously holding in. 

'Did she always look this adorable? Or is there something different? Nah. (Y/n)-chan has always looked cute for as long as I remembered except when she first arrived. She used to be so grumpy and quiet back then, but she was still adorable though!'

"What are you making?" The (h/c)ette's question brought Souma back to reality.

"A souffle."

(Y/n) stopped in her tracks when she heard his words. "Souffle? Really?" she let out skeptically.

"Yeah. I experimented with a lot of egg breakfast ideas and finally settled for my modified version of souffle," he proudly answered.

(Y/n) blinked in confusion as she wondered how to word out her doubts. "Souma...souffles are best served hot and fresh, and aren't we..."
"Shit! Looks like I forgot my headband in my room. I'll grab it quickly. See you later (N/n). All the best!" With that being said, the redhead dashed out of her sight while (Y/n)'s words were left unsaid.

.

.

.

The (h/c)ette sighed tiredly as she laid down the utensils and equipment that she will be using for this event. She was assigned to booth number 70 in Hall F, and upon a quick scan of her surroundings, she realized that none of her friends or acquaintances were assigned to this hall.

"Well. Good for me, no distractions are great after all," she mumbled to herself while arranging the ingredients in such a way that will be most efficient for her work.