Chapter 1

♡ Noor ♡

I was glad that college was over. Now I can take a break and relax for a few days. I was sprawled out on my bed and was scrolling through Instagram when a knock came from the door of my room.

Sitting up straight I mumbled a quick come in. The door opened and came in Umaiza Malik, my Ammi.

I sensed some tension radiating off of her and she came near me, sitting on the edge of my bed. I raised my brows questioning her about the problem but she gives me a tight smile.

"Your Phupho is coming over for dinner. Be ready by 5 O'clock in the evening." A groan escapes my mouth at the mention of my Phupho.

Don't take me wrong. I love my family but I don't like my Phupho and her son. Both of them are troublemakers and love drama. And I don't know what is wrong with Hadi Bhaijaan, he always acts as if he is superior to me and I am nothing but the dirt on his shoes.

Guessing that this is the reason for Ammi's tension I nod my head. She strokes my head and gets out of the room. And I fall back on my bed, nuzzling my pillow.

After a while I look at the clock and it was almost time for Maghrib. I think I should take a bath and get ready before prayer.

I take a 35 minutes long shower for letting my mind relax. I know I need my brain clean for handling my Phupho.

I plan on wearing something simple but elegant. After rummaging through my wardrobe I finally fix on a pistachio colored kurti with same colored pants. It has a net dupatta of same color with golden border and silver dots spread over it.

I plan on letting my long naturally brown hair down.

After that I do my wudu and pray to the almighty. Trying to seek peace in my prayers and solace in the verses.

After applying kohl and a slight pink lip gloss on lips I wear my oxidized earring.

Satisfied with my look I walk out of my room and down the stairs. Finding no one in the living room I decide to go and check kitchen.

Ammi and Badi Ammi are preparing some snacks and I ask them if they need any help. Ammi asks me to make some lemonade for everyone. Just when I am finished with my lemonade the doorbell rings.

We walk out of the kitchen and in the living room. I walk upto the front door and open it to reveal Abbu, Bade Abbu, Ayaan Bhaijaan, Ahmad Bhaijaan and Abbas Bhaijaan.

I smile at them saying Assalam Walekum and step aside to give them way. They get inside greeting me back.

Ammi and Badi Ammi greet them as well. I rush inside to get fresh lemonade for everyone. I know they are all really tired from a hectic day in office.

I bring out the the glasses filled with lemonade and hand them over to everyone.

Bade Abbu and Abbu smiles warmly at me while taking the glass. However Ayaan Bhaijaan doesn't bothers to look at me twice. But I don't expect anything else from him. He have always been the cold and closed off person in the family. But I know that he loves us a lot. He cares for his family.

"Salima is coming for dinner along with Adnan Bhaijaan and Hadi." Badi Ammi announces after everyone is done with their drinks.

Bade Abbu and Abbu look at each other and then at Badi Ammi and Ammi. I think that something is wrong but shrug it off thinking I'm looking too much into things.

After nodding at their words all the men went to their room to get fresh.

After a short while the doorbell rings again and this time it's Salima Phupho along with Adnan Phupha and Hadi Bhaijaan.

I prayed mentally to Allah for this evening to get over with as fast as possible. I don't want any drama tonight.

But what I didn't knew was that my life was going to change in a drama itself.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi Chaanv hai kabhi
Kabhi hai dhoop zindagi
Har pal yahan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho
Har pal yahan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho

~ ~ • ~ ~