Chapter 23

♤ Ayaan ♤

It was a pleasant warm morning and we all were seated on the dining table eating our breakfast. The mouthwatering aroma of bhindi ka salan fills the air. Nothing is better than a stomach pleasing desi food.

I was relishing the taste of this yummy breakfast on my tongue when my phone pinged with a notification. Ignoring it for food I prioritize the satisfaction of my tummy over any other thing.

But my phone pinged again and again but I ignored it without any care. But then felt a sharp kick in the calf of my legs.

I stopped mid eating to look up at the intruder but found a cute frowning face slightly glaring at me.

Noor was sitting across from me wearing a blue suit with mirror work on its sleeves. A matching dupatta with silver border and minimal amount of mirror work complimenting the attire. Her hair left with a messy updo and face void any sort of makeup.

It was not like those TV series. Her cheeks were not flushed but had the normal wheatish color. Her lips were not rosy pink or glossy red but had a common light pink shade. Her face didn't glow but still it was all beautiful. The way she looked into my eyes, she was beautiful. I found her beautiful.

Though her little kicking stunt amused me, trying to mask up my emotions I raised my brows with a stoic expression.

And there she was back to her innocent self. God! The way she changes her expressions.

She took her phone and maybe typed something and then my phone pinged. She looked up and gestured towards my phone pleading to look into it.

Sighing I checked the notifications and saw

<text starts>

Noor :

When are you going to talk?

Please hamari help kr de.

Hello!! Look at the phone.

Dekho aap dhokha mat dena. Please convince all the elders.

AYAAN

BHAIJAAN

:'-)

<text ends>

I looked up from the phone and after glancing at her for once I cleared my throat in an attempt to gain everyone's attention.

When I was sure that everyone was looking at me with their ears focused on my words, I spoke "Actually they all want to go to Manali for a trip."

Abbu looked at me with a questioning gaze and asked "And who will take care of them?"

Before I could even answer Chachi spoke up "You know they are not at all responsible."

The youngsters gasped feeling betrayed and then Chachu said "This trip is not at all possible."

And finally I said what I wanted to "I'm going with them."

This time several voices spoke or shouted at once.

"Wait, what??"

"Why?"

"Noo!"

"Bhaijaan!"

~ ~ • ~ ~

Pyaar hua ikraar hua hai
Pyaar se phir kyoon darrta hai dil

Kehta hai dil rasta mushkil
Maaloom nahin hai kahan manzil

~ ~ • ~ ~