Chapter 38

♡ Noor ♡

Khushiyan da chadheya ajj vela ve
Saareyan ne nachna saareyan ne gauna ve

The house was bustling with music and I sat ideally in front of the dressing table of my room where everyone was in a hurry to turn me into some hoor ki pari.

My room. Which I had to leave today. In a few hours when I step out of this room things will change. People may think that what is there to be emotional about. From their point of view they are right. After all, I'm going to stay in the very same home I've grown up in with my own people. But what they don't understand is, it's easier to write a new chapter on a blank page.

When you enter a new place, you are free to decide the plot of your new novel. But my book is already written. The relationships are already there, and now new relations are to be emerged with those same people. If you enter a new threshold, you have a choice to turn back if you want a getaway. But here I don't know if I have the freedom to turn back to the comfort of my room after this night.

Just when I was deep in my thoughts Aleema barged in the room and stood by my side with a huff. She is glaring at me?

"What happened?" I asked.

"Tumhara shohar!  Pareshan kar diya unhone." Aleema exclaimed. Wow, abhi toh shohar bane bhi nahi aur shikayat haazir.

"Kya kiya unhone?"  I asked knowing that Aleema wants to tell me.

"We wanted to decorate his room for your wedding night but he refused saying that he likes his room the way it is and no one is allowed to change it. Can you believe it." She screeched with great disappointment.

No one is allowed to change it. A person who cannot even tolerate slight change in his room for a night, will he bend his ways for me? Will he change for me?

"Leave it all. You need to get ready jaldi se."

Aleema worked on my hair while Inaaya and Rafida helped me with my makeup and in a few minutes I really looked like some hoor ki pari.

"Noor." Ammi entered the room with Tayi Ammi and stood still looking at me with eyes full of overwhelming emotions.

" Ammi entered the room with Tayi Ammi and stood still looking at me with eyes full of overwhelming emotions

The red colour of my lahenga looked regal with its golden gota patti  and intricate work of zari. It made me feel gorgeous.

"Now this marriage is not possible." My eyes widened at Tayi Ammi's statement. Abhi tk toh thik thi. Ab kyun serial wali saas bn rhi hain?

All eyes were on her with an expression of horror and she just looked at us for a few seconds and then with a full blown grin said, "Itni khoobsurat dulhan mera nalayak beta toh deserve nahi krta."