Chapter 36

♡ Noor ♡

Have you ever experienced days when you aren't bothered about anything, just living in the moment and feel like nothing could go wrong from here because God has finally bestowed his blessings upon you and you must got that trust that he will safeguard your happiness.

That's what I'm feeling right now. Blessed.

The little spurts of emotions in my heart is enough to draw a contented smile on my face and the lively environment surrounding my abode is enough to lull my soul into peacefulness.

"We know that it's your  wedding and we should be doing all the course but you both can at least show some interest?"

I was drawn back from my lala land by Aleema's exasperated voice. I looked up from my lap and saw her giving me an annoyed look.

Aleema was seated on the three seater sofa with Ahmad Bhaijaan and Abbas Bhai with me and Ayaan occupying the single seaters in the living room.

We were here to discuss the preparations for the wedding and Aleema had taken it upon herself to make it the most astounding memory of our life. Well, I really do appreciate her excitement but you cannot blame me for being clueless as I didn't knew that I'll be getting married.

Aleema released a defeated sigh and then turned her gaze towards Ayaan. He simply just folded his arms and lifted his right eyebrow in a what-you-expecting-from-me questioning look.

"God!! Kaise hoga nikaah !?" Aleema let out a cry and banged her forehead on Ahmad Bhaijaan's shoulder.

Ya Allah madad kare.

"God heard your prayers Aleema dear. I'm here."

Our head shot in the direction of the voice to see our beloved Khala.

"Aisha khala!!"  I screamed and went running towards her and she enveloped me in her warm embrace.

Aisha khala. Ammi's sister and the type of person for whom I believe phrases like "heart of gold" were invented.

"Did you forget about us?" Pulling back from the embrace I looked in the direction from where the questioning voice came.

"Inaaya! Rafida!" And then I was crushed by them. They are khala's twin daughters and my cousin.

"Congratulations pretty lady!" I giggled a little and turned back to find everyone greeting khala.

After a while all the elders entered the scene and now we were sitting in the living room.

"Thank you so much Khala that you came, now I'm relieved. Otherwise these two were so unbothered about their own wedding."

I scrunched my nose at Aleema's complaints and lifted my head from Khala's lap.

"Don't you worry Aleema dear. Now I'm here so everything is going to be amazingly perfect."

And with that the preparations for our wedding sky rocketed with a high speed.

"Abbas Bhaijaan, are you coming with us for shopping?" Inaaya asked Bhai who was going through his phone doing god knows what. We were all going for clothes shopping leaving Abbu and Taya Abbu as they entrusted their wives with everything.

"Nah, I'll order my clothes online. Don't wanna tire myself out in Sarojini with you'll." We just brushed him off knowing he isn't much of a shopper.

"Let's go." Ayaan came downstairs from his room ready to go.

"Wait. Where are you going?" Abbas Bhai asked raising up from his laid back posture on the couch.

"If you are forgetting then it's my wedding as well. So I need clothes too." Ayaan replied sarcastically.

Bhai looked at Ayaan and then at me and suddenly sprung up from the couch, "I'm coming."

Woah. Great.

Saying so he started walking out of the house with everyone in tow. I simply just shook my head at his immature overprotective behaviour when I heard Ayaan mutter under his breath, "Ek baar nikaah ho jaye, apni biwi ke aas paas bhatakne nahi dunga."

My eyes widened at his words because it's first time he is being childish. Cute.

We head out for Sarojini with a smile continuously playing on my lips.

After hours of going through the heaps of clothes and examining every piece of fabric with Abbas Bhai sulking in the corner and Ahmad Bhaijaan holding the shopping bags, we were done.

"Now we will head home straight. No more wandering." Abbas Bhai said with finality in his voice.

"Lekin bhai, khana?"  I asked in a small voice. My heart was sinking at the thought that we aren't getting any food. Ghumne aye aur khana na khaye, ye kaise ho sakta hai.

"You can eat all you want at home." Bhai said and now I was sad. Call me childish but my heart breaks if I don't get food.

And then we heard Ayaan calling the drivers, "Ji, please come in front of Amar Jyoti Restaurant. We will reach there in a few minutes."

I looked up at him with hope gleaming in my eyes.

After cutting the call he looked at Abbas Bhai and said, "Jise ghar jana hai cab le k ja sakta hai. Hum khana kha k ayenge."

Aleema and my cousins were giving me teasing smiles but I couldn't care about their looks.

"Why should I go home, dulhan ka bhai hu main."  Abbas Bhai said and walked ahead with his sulking face.

God! I didn't realise till date that I'm surrounded by a bunch of overgrown kids who can be even more childish than I'm.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Mere Pyar Ki Umar Ho Itani Sanam
Tere Naam Se Shuru
Tere Naam Pe Khatam

~ ~ • ~ ~

A/N

Sorry you'll... I was just going through some phase...as you all know the result of my college entrance exam was out but I didn't get a college.

Thank you so much to all those who prayed for me and wished me luck. I'm sure god has some better plan for me and I'll use the time I've and study really hard to get in my dream college next year.

I'll try to update frequently just be a little more patient.

And Noor's khala princessofia16 how it feels to attend your Niece's wedding. I hope you like it.

Thanks to each one of you for being with me.

Keep showering your love and support.
Vote. Share. Comment.

~ Riya. 🤎