Chapter 37

⁠♡ Noor ♡

Today is the date. Once again I'll be giving a part of me to a person with my sole trust on Nikkah. This time with my heart agreeing to it.

I looked at myself in the mirror adorned in a beautiful beige colour Anarkali, the darkness of green dupatta complimenting the attire.

It was my mahendi in the morning and I just looked at my henna clad hands that had a name once again intricately written on my palms. Ayaan.

I was just about to step in the realms of overthinking when Aleema barged into the room like a knight in shining armour with Aisha Khala holding the reins of her two daughters Inaaya and Rafida

"Alright pretty bride. We know that no one can love you the way you yourself do but just in case you forgot, apke hone wale shohar apka intezar kar rahe hai."  The teasing words of Aleema managed to pull up a blush on my cheeks and I simply just shook my head at her.

"C'mon now. It's time to shake your legs. Sangeet baki hai."  We exited the room after Khala said this.

Reaching the hall where a small arrangement was made for our Sangeet I saw Ayaan looking around while seated on the sofa, his eyes in search of something or someone until they stopped on me. Oh!

Reaching his side I gently sat on the sofa, careful about the mahendi which still seemed a bit wet.

Aleema was helping me to get comfortable and fixing my dupatta when the music blasted from speakers.

Banno ki saheli resham ki dori
Chhup chhup ke sharmaye
Dekhe chori chori

"Oh My God! Ahmad Bhaijaan!!!!"

Stunned by my sudden outburst Aleema looked behind to see Bhaijaan already on stage giving her a teasing smile.

Banno ki saheli resham ki dori
Chhup chhup ke sharmaye
Dekhe chori chori

Yeh maane ya na maane
Main to iss pe mar gaya

By now Bhaijaan had pulled Aleema swiftly on the stage with him and at this point I couldn't be anymore happy. I always wanted a Banno ki saheli  wala moment in my wedding. My best friend needs to look so beautiful that people compliment her. Yayyyyy !!!

Yeh ladki haaye allah
Haaye haaye re allah
Yeh ladki haaye allah
Haaye haaye re allah