Chapter 19

♡ Noor ♡

The words of Ayaan Bhaijaan was repeatedly roaming around my mind. His words made me feel better.

Now I can see myself not as the damsel in distress but as the warrior, that I'm. Now it's time for me to think about my future.

But, I'm exhausted. I decided to take some rest and then run my brain. With this thought I hit the pillow and drifted into my dreamland.

I woke up to the sounds of little chirping birdies. I rose to shift the curtains and welcome the morning sunshine. I breathed in the sweet smell of ripe mangoes infused with air.

Closing my eyes I let my organs take in this peacefulness of the glorious day. Today I have all the reasons to be happy.

I went on to do my morning routine and to pray. After a really long time I prayed with a relaxed mind.

It was still to early, so I decided to do some research on my laptop. Ammi had kept all my belongings on the particular place where I like it.

Connecting the charger I opened the Google and went on a explore of this world.

After about 2 hours of jumping from one site to another I was all set for the upcoming journey.

Shutting down the laptop I went downstairs for a cup of tea. I was still in my Mickey Mouse pajamas with bunny slipper adorning my feet. For a fraction of second I thought of changing my clothes but then dismissed it as no one is going to be up this early in the morning. I took a scarf and wrapping it around my body descended the stairs.

I entered the living room with my eyes closed and hands on my mouth in order to stifle the upcoming yawn. But then I heard someone clearing their throat.

I froze on the spot and opened my eyes wide enough to take in the form of Ayaan Bhaijaan standing in front of me. I felt the pink hues of embarrassment crawling up my neck and resting on my cheeks.

Trying to clear the looming awkwardness I said "Good Morning " but it sounded more like a scared kittens meowing.

'Allah!! Kya ho gya hamari awaz ko. Pahle hi itni embarrassment kam thi jo ab humne aur bhi badha di. Bhaag ja Noor, isse pahle ki ye awkwardness tujhe khud ki kabra khodne pe majboor kr de.'

"Noor?" Bhaijaan was looking at me like I have gone crazy.

Oh, of course you look like some lunatic talking to your own self. My oh-so-honest subconscious retorted.

"Aap chai lenge?" I asked instead glaring at my subconscious who was flipping the pages of the book 'Othello' lounging on her armchair.

After getting a positive response to my question I ran towards the kitchen stopping only after reaching the safety of its four walls which can hide my embarrassed form.

I kept my hand over my chest trying to calm down the heartbeats which was beating like it's his yaar ka shaadi.

Ya Allah! Kya shuruat hai subhe ki.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Dil kyun yeh mera shor kare
Idhar nahi, udhar nahi, teri oar chale

~ ~ • ~ ~