Chapter 22

♤ Ayaan ♤

You know that feeling when you just don't have any particular thought in your mind. Your brain is finally out of the hustle and bustle going around in this world. Your heart is beating in a rhythmic way any hurry and your soul is feeling the peace within.

Yes that's what I feel tonight while gazing at this shining moon who is playing hide and seek with the countless stars.

Isn't it so calming and relaxing to just sit on this charpai when it's all quiet----

"Bhaijaan."

I winced hearing the loud voice of Ahmad. 'Gayi meri shanti.'

I look at the entrance of terrace to see that Ahmad is coming and not alone but with whole toli. Abbas and Aleema are trailing behind but what sent a tingling sensation in my heart is the lady in cute bear pajamas.

Noor actually looked like a cute teddy bear in that Pjs with a scarf covering her head trying to tame those rogue hair strands and a pair of soft fuzzy cat slippers adorning her feet.

"Enough staring for a day." Ahmad gave me a teasing idiotic smile which I just ignored and asked with my usual expressionless face, " why are you all here?"

"Because we missed you Bhaijaan." Abbas answered with an extra sweet smile which could be diabetic.

I looked at Aleema who gave me a nervous smile and then my eyes slipped on Noor's fidgeting self.

She just sat there playing with her fingers and trying to take a look at me every now and then.

"Come clean about what you want." I said knowing very well about their tactics. And now everyone had their eyes on Noor. She looked up from her lap but was left flabbergasted finding everyone staring at her.

"What?" She asked looking dumbfounded.

I can see Ahmad pleading her with his eyes and then Aleema gave Noor a shove which said that she should start speaking and Abbas mouthed a 'please' to hear.

I was observing all these feeling amused and then Noor whined feeling betrayed, " That's not fair. Just because I am the youngest it doesn't mean I have to be the scapegoat."

A smile threatened to make its way on my lips because of her cuteness but I tried to keep it at bay.

Raising my brows I looked at Noor and spelled her name "Noor?" It was indication that it's her final chance to speak.

And she did.

"Bhaijaan hum sab Manali trip par jana chahte h lekin sabhi bare mana kar denge. Aap please unhe manane mein hamari madad kijiye na. Please, hamare liye. Hum toh kab se kahin nahi gye. Please Bhaijaan."

And those pretty eyes with innocent shine successfully convinced me to agree with their plan.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Chhupana bhi nahin aata
Jatana bhi nahin aata
Humein tumse mohabbat hai
Batana bhi nahin aata

~ ~ • ~ ~