Chapter 25

♡ Noor ♡

Amidst the hilly slopes, Manali is a paradise for mountain lovers with spell-binding views, charming streams, the fairy-tale-like fog surrounding little hidden cottages, and a lingering scent of pines and freshness. Oh, and you can ride a yak or ride your bike too.

Manali suits the needs of every kind of travel mindset. A family looking for some bonding time, a couple for some peace and quiet, solo travelers for some solitude or a group of friends seeking an adventure.

And here we are, the bunch of troubleseekers in the "Valley of Gods".

After more than 12 hours of driving from Delhi to Manali we finally reached the hotel we had booked for our stay. It was evening by then and we were all hell tired, waiting for the moment to hit the pillow.

Even after continuous insistence from Ayaan Bhaijaan to fill our stomach, we were adamant on fulfilling our sleep.

Aleema and Ahmad Bhaijaan had their own room but Abbas Bhaijaan was sharing with Ayaan Bhaijaan leaving me all alone in this unfamiliar hotel room. But the bed felt so comfortable in my tiredness that I was passed out in mere seconds.

In the midnight when it was all dead silent I heard some growling sound. Ah it wasn't some mountain wolf but my empty stomach asking for mercy. Waking up from the slight hunger ache I thought about my options.

I can not go around seeking food in the mid of night all alone. Aleema and Ahmad Bhaijaan are out of options because they may be busy among themselves. Ayaan Bhaijaan is not even an option because he may give me that I-told-you-so glare and I'm not so fond of his cold attitude. This leaves my Abbas Bhaijaan as the only rescuer.

Making up my mind I go around the hotel lobby in search of room number 205 in my warm winter night suit with a really cute porcupine on it.

In no time I was in front of their room calling Abbas Bhaijaan continuously in hope that he will pick up because knocking on the door will definitely wake up Ayaan Bhaijaan.

After 2 calls he finally picked up and answered in his sleepy voice.

Hello?

Open the door.

Hein?

Bhaijaan it's me, Noor. Now open the door.

But why?

I'll tell you but first open the door please.

OK OK. Wait a second.

And with this he cuts the call and I wait for him to come out. After minutes he was finally in front of me, rubbing his eyes to get rid of sleep.

"What?" He asked trying to stiffle an upcoming yawn.

"I'm hungry." I blurted out looking at him with my big expectant eyes trying to act as innocent as I could.

He stopped mid yawning and looked at me with that seriously look.

"You woke me up for this? Like seriously?" He said having an expression of disbelief on his face.

"Bhaijaan please na. I cannot sustain without food for even a few minutes. You should help your little sister." I said with pleading voice and hopeful eyes. But he just gave me a dead look and went inside shutting the door on my face.

I gasped at his audacity and stomped my foot. Turning around I was thinking what to do now when I felt a pat on my head and before I can even turn around Abbas Bhaijaan was walking in front of me.

I stood rooted on my spot because of the shock but then came back to my senses hearing his voice, "Are you coming or not?"

A huge smile made its way on my lips and in no time we were walking side by side on our way to food hunt without any conversation but a small smile playing on our lips.

Maybe in happiness of reminiscing old memories of our childhood.

Flashback...

The Malik Haveli was all silent but if listened closely, one could hear the soft whispers and sound of light footsteps. The youngest siblings of the house were on their way to the kitchen on a food hunt.

Reaching the kitchen 13 year old Abbas helped the 11 year old Noor in getting settled on the kitchen counter. After making sure that his little sister is comfortably seated he started to make the 2 minutes noodles which takes more than 2 minutes.

The little girl was watching her brother working on the Maggie like he is a master chef. And after waiting for more than 5 minutes they were seated on the kitchen floor, slurping the slightly soupy noodles.

Abbas looked at his sister who had a huge grin on her face as she finishes her Maggie and looks at him with eyes full of love. Eyes that entrust him that he will help her even in the darkest nights.

Flashback Ends...

~ ~ • ~ ~

Kitna sunder kitna
Pyara ye sara sansar hai
Is sansar mein sabse
Pyara bhai bahan ka pyar hai.

~ ~ • ~ ~