Chapter 4

♤ Ayaan ♤

I watched as she hugged everyone goodbye. Tears were uncontrollable. The Noor of this house is leaving forever.

"Why didn't you told everyone?" My brother Ahmad asked me while his gaze was fixed upon his dearest sister.

"How could I be selfish and force Abbu and Chahu to break their promise?" I asked trying hard to control my tears. It is hard to let her go.

"And what about your feelings Bhai? Doesn't it matter?" He asked me with a look of hurt. I know it hurts him too to see me like this. I'm lucky to have him as my brother.

"The only thing that matters to me is Noor's happiness. If Hadi keeps her happy I'm content." I said sincerely. Because it is all that matters to me. Happiness of my Noor.

I have loved her since childhood. The one day when no one was at home and a 12 year Noor came back from school with tear filled eyes was the day my heart fluttered for her. Someone had bullied her at school and when I opened the front door she launched herself on me and cried her heart out.

Seeing her in pain was the most hurtful thing. I wanted to take away her pain and beat the shit out of that person who was the reason for her tears. And I did exactly what I wanted.

I wanted to ask her for marriage in front of everyone. I wanted to talk to my parents about my feelings for Noor. I was just waiting for her to complete her studies but I think I was late.

Ahmad is the only person who knows about my feelings but I made him swear on me that he will never say anything to anyone.

Noor came towards me and Ahmad for saying bye. Ahmad pulled her in for a hug. He had always considered her as his own little sister. And Noor also treated him like a brother.

She came towards me. I didn't knew what to say. I've always been cold and a man of few words and with her I'm scared to speak because my heart won't be able to hide the love it has for her.

"Aaj bhi jab koi mujhe pareshan karega toh aap hi ke paas aungi."
(Even today if someone bullies me, I'll come to you.)

Her words touched the most sensitive point of my heart. I pulled her in my arms. And she cried but I couldn't do anything. I cradled her head in my hands when Hadi came from behind and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

We broke the hug and I missed her touch instantly. I wanted to keep her in my arms forever. I wanted her to be mine.

I watched her leave with her husband. Praying to Allah for giving me strength. I know he is the best planner and he must have something for me. But I can't accept someone who is not her. My heart, soul and body belongs to her only and I can't love someone else.

Ya Allah! Please help me. Please guide me.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Kaise bataayein kyun tujhko chahen yaara bataa na paaye
Baatein dilon ki dekho jo baaki aankhein tujhe samjhayen

Tu jaane na, tu jaane na, tu jaane na, tu jaane na

~ ~ • ~ ~