Chapter 28

♡ Noor ♡

The moon was trying to get a glimpse of shining stars, but the clouds ensured to tease the frustrated ball of light. The giggling stars continued to hide behind the cotton puffs and the desperate moon tried harder to persuade them.

I was enjoying the beauty of Manali from my hotel room's balcony with a cup of hot chocolate cupped in my palms.

"You know you are grown up now and you should stop bothering me in the middle of night just because you are bored." Abbas Bhaijaan said with a scowl on his face.

It's just that I didn't wanted to sleep and blowed his phone with numerous calls at 2A.M. demanding hot chocolate. Perks of being a little sister : you can annoy your elder brother just because you want to and that too rightfully so.

"Well, you should whine about this to Ayaan Bhaijaan. It's him who threatened me to not call for room service on my own. And why are you even complaining? It's not like you were busy doing something productive." I say while taking a sip from my mug and a sweet teasing smile on my face.

"Ugh, his possesive being is interfering my beauty sleep." I heard him murmuring under his breath.

"What possesive?" I ask with confusion clear in my question.

"Nothing. I was just saying that I could be busy dreaming about my would-be Shareek-e-Hayat." He said with a dreamy smile and a dramatic sigh.

But then I bursted out laughing at his antics. "Shareek-e-Hayat, aur apki? Acha mazak hai. Apke toh khwaab mein bhi koi na aye."

I saw his expressions changing and he snatched my cup taking a huge gulp from it. A very wrong choice to be made. Because you do not mess with my food. I was just ready to pounce on him with my claws but then we heard a knock on my door.

Both Abbas Bhaijaan and I was confused about the identity of the person knocking at my door at this hour.

"Hold this." Bhaijaan gave me the cup and opened the door keeping me behind his back and then I heard his voice.

"Noor- What are you doing here?" I peeked from behind Abbas Bhaijaan and saw Ayaan Bhaijaan taking a look at me.

"Don't you think I should be the one asking you this question?" Abbas Bhaijaan said with his arms crossed and eyebrows lifted in an attempt to be intimidating.

Notice the word "attempt". Because he failed the moment Ayaan Bhaijaan throwed his hard glare beam on him.

"I woke up and didn't find you in the room. I tried calling you on your phone but then again you didn't picked up. So I came here searching for you. Got your answer?" Ayaan Bhaijaan answered with his brows raised and here I can see Abbas Bhaijaan's facade of protective-big-brother crumble down into a mush. And then I laughed but it sounded more like a horse neighed.

"Actually Bhaijaan it's just that I wanted to have hot chocolate and asked Abbas Bhaijaan to get one for me. Aur phir ye hamein apni  Shareek-e-Hayat ke bare mein batane lage." I said trying to control my laugh.

"Shareek-e-Hayat? Kon?"  Bhaijaan asked, baffled by this information.

"Kuch nahi Bhaijaan. Koi nahi hai. Ye toh bs kuch bhi bolti rehti hai." Abbas Bhaijaan tried to explain but how can I let him go without pulling his leg.

"Arre hai na. Apke khwaabon ki Mallika. Jinke sapne aap dekha krte hai. Chinta na kre. Ammi aur Abbu se toh hum baat kr lenge. Sapne mein hi apka nikaah krwa denge." I continued teasing him but then he smacked my head but it didn't stop me from laughing.

I saw the hard expressions of Ayaan Bhaijaan soften a little and questioned him "But why are you up so late? Kahin aap bhi toh kisi k khwaabon mein nahi khoye hue hai. Agar koi ho toh bata de, hum unse baat kar lenge."

I saw his expressions changing into something undecipherable and then he just bolted out of the room.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked Abbas Bhaijaan and he gave me the look that said 'Are you really that dumb'. Well it's not the first time I am on the receiving end of this look but then again why?

"Are you even my sister? Because I can't believe you can be this innocent to not understand this." His words made no sense and now I was even more confused.

"Understand what?" I asked tilting my head as it was jumbled.

He sighed heavily as if I'm the most stupid person on this planet and cried out "Can't you see that Ayaan Bhaijaan has his heart on his sleeves. He is clearly in love with you. I thought you didn't acknowledge his feelings because of the whole Hadi fiasco but you shouldn't hurt him anymore."

Is there any word or any phrase that can describe what I'm feeling right now. Because my brain isn't working.

I can't believe that Ayaan Bhaijaan who has been with me on my every call; whether it's because I scraped my knee in the garden or had a fracture from my sports event, whether it's because I couldn't find my Winnie-the-pooh eraser or couldn't decide which course should I choose in college, whether it's because I was teased by Ahmad and Abbas Bhaijaan or was bullied at school by my seniors, whether it's because I failed in maths exam or my marriage was a failure, doesn't matter which situation I'm in, he was by my side whenever I needed him to be.

But he...

"...Loves me?"

~ ~ • ~ ~

Aadha Ishq Aadha Hai
Aadha Ho Jayega
Kadmo Se Milon Ka
Wada Ho Jayega

~ ~ • ~ ~