Third battle

His blue  eyes stared back at me , just for a moment recognition flashed on his face but he masked it quickly and looked away .

I huffed at his rudeness I wanted to go to him but refrained and then tried to figure him out but I might as well have been trying to understand physics because both were useless .

I never really understood football or the fun in it but it was an interesting game all the same , after a while of pretending I was understanding what was being done and many missed calls and text messages from my mother I decided to leave , I found my way outside the stadium and decided to board a tricycle home ...it was more bearable than those rickety bus on the roads of Lagos state popularly known as (Danfo) I got into it and told the driver where I was headed , in less than fifteen minutes I was back home .

I lived in the hearts of Bode Thomas one of the posh areas of Lagos state Nigeria you could say my parents were well to do , I would only say we survived . I went into the house to find mom sitting in the living room watching a family sitcom , she looked up when I entered  " you had me so worried " she said

" Sorry I went to the stadium , needed a breather " I replied

" You should have called, how was your appointment?"

I sighed " am sorry I totally forgot , my doctor's appointment was the same , me being reminded of my death nothing new " 

My mom sighed as well and returned back to her source of entertainment, I took that as my cue to leave and go up to my room . I dropped down on my bed and decided to go through my social media something I rarely do , I came across a photo of our of my old friends in the university , the smile and life evident on her face , I felt a pang of jealousy and my eyes started to well up , I always wanted to go to school and become a writer or an actress but now those dreams were nothing but dreams , angrily I shut my phone and Decided to sleep a bit that was all I was able to do this days anyway , doctor's appointment and lots of sleep ,I wouldn't say I had an interesting life before but now it was beyond boring , it was a punishment , I closed my eyes and allowed a certain blue eyes comfort me .

                    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I awoke to a loud bang , I quickly made my way to the kitchen and met my mom cursing , seems like she spilled something and that is unlike my mother .

" Mom are you ok?"  I ask

" Yes dear you have nothing to worry about , this just slipped out of my hand " she replied

I nod my head and help her clean up the mess  " what are you making ?"

" Beans , with palm kernel oil "  A full on grin appears on my face , I don't like beans but beans with palm kernel oil was just amazing   " Am hungry mom "

She laughs " it's almost ready give me  fifteen minutes and you will eat " she replies

I make my way to the kitchen island and sit awaiting my meal after a few minutes the food was ready and mom dished my food .

I gulped down the food and that was like the most I have eaten in a long while . I finished my food and washed out the plate and thanked my mother before going to my room again I decided to take a shower given it was almost seven in the evening .I took off my clothes and went into the bathroom had my shower and wore my shorts and tank top I slumped on my bed and decided to do some reading on my phone . Reading was my favorite thing to do somehow it helps me escape the harsh reality that is my life , I enjoyed it alot and it also helps me relax and my headache seems to go away whenever I got into a good book , don't get me wrong the headache doesn't completely disappear but it makes it bearable .

I got into reading my book and escaped into the reality of a handsome sexy CEO and his very sexy assistant . It was cliché I know, but it was fun to read . I read for a few minutes before I felt my eyes start drooping and my head became heavy I switched off my phone and went to sleep .

I awoke the next morning energized for someone with cancer who everyday I woke means am nearer to my dieing days . I stood up and had my shower and head outside of my room for the kitchen , mom was there already making breakfast  which consisted of eggs and tea , I made a disgusted face , I didn't like tea and mom knew it .

" Mom you know I don't take tea " I said

" No one asked you to " she replied

" What do I eat for breakfast then ?"

" What ever you want , there's pap and there's custard , there's always beans from yesterday " she replied

"Ok" I said and Decided to go for custard , I set to work to make my food I had the boiled and then made my custard and believe me when I say this doesn't look anything like custard , it's so watery I added alot of sugar and a lot of milk

" Would you like some custard to go with that?" Mom asked  , I laughed

" You know how I love my custard sweet and creamy " I replied

"Mom did you ever see the guy that brought me to the hospital ?" I asked

" Am not sure but when I was coming into the hospital I did see a guy coming out one of the nurse said something about him being the one who brought you , I am not sure , but I did notice something about him "

She said  " what was that?" I asked

" He had striking blue eyes , those were the first thing I noticed "  I smiled feeling fulfilled  I knew he was the one I saw at the stadium .

" Any problem " mom asked a voice laced with concern

" Not at all mom , I think I saw someone who looked like him yesterday " I replied , she gave me a small nod
and I smiled waiting for when I will meet my blue eyed savior .