seventeenth

"Take it easy king , the doctor said not to stress " I said to king , he scowled at him , clearly he didn't appreciate me babying him .

" I should be the one saying that to you , how's your head?" He took a seat beside me , I was laying in bed , I was always too tired this days

" Hurts like a bitch , but I'm still here " I replied and rolled over to put my head on his lap .

" I'm scared, it's unfair , that you have to die , you deserve to have a very long life , you are beautiful, strong and kind , you are exactly what the world needs " he said his watering but he wiped the tears away before they could drop .

" Hey , none of that , I'm not going anywhere anytime soon , I'm still here so please don't cry " I said while pulling him to me for a hug , he held on to me .

" Could we leave the house ? I feel like a couch potato " I said and he chuckled

" Can you walk , would you like to visit my house , you have been asking" he said

" Yes please , if I get tired you will give me a piggy back ride " I said .

" Alright then " he stood up and pulled me along with him , got my sandals and helped me put them on after he massaged my foot because they were swollen .

We took the public transit and soon enough we were at his home , it was located in the hearts of Victoria island and the apartment looked expensive , cautiously I stepped into the house while he had the door open for me.

"Your home is beautiful" I said taking in the artistic decor of the house ,the living room had three couches all in black and there was a painting hanging on the wall , the curtains were a grey color and that gave the room a cool and mysterious feel .

"It's hardly a home , a house maybe but definitely not a home " he replied setting his key on a side stool .

" What's your definition of a home ?" I asked

" A place where you feel whole and complete , a place where you feel at peace" he replied .

" Mmm , you don't feel at peace here" I said

" I feel at peace with you" he replied

" Would you love anything to eat ?" He asked making his way to the kitchen .

" Nope I'm good " I said .

"Well I do " I scoffed , "when do you not ".

"Hey, don't be sassy" he replied while making cereals .

" What about your parents " I asked hoping he would answer .

" Traveling , business " he answered with a shrug but I knew he was hurt , in that moment I felt I figured him out a bit , my king lacked home love probably why he was closed off .

He returned back to the living room and sat beside me and cuddled me to his side .

"Are you feeling a little romantic?" He asked , I gave a nod and he logged on to Netflix and started the movie the faults in our stars .

I drifted off into a slumber , but I was shaken awake when I heard the front door open and king shot up almost giving me a whiplash with how fast he was .

"King , I have been calling your phone all day , what is wrong with you ?" The woman asked angrily , now I knew why king had blue eyes ,his mother wasn't Nigerian ,but seemed to be of the British decent .

I could tell from her accent . The eyes looked to be the only thing he inherited from her , because she had beautiful ebony waist length hair that she left free , skin so creamy I was a little jealous and blue eyes that competed with the ocean , I was mesmerized .

" I didn't pick up because I didn't want to speak to you " king replied with a bored tone .

" You have got to stop with this attitude of yours , you are not a kid anymore " she said face red and eyes brimming with unshed tears , I could tell she was frustrated with king .

" King stop , you are stressing her" I whispered to him

" Stay out of this " he replied rather coldly , I was taken aback .

I shut my mouth and watched the drama unfold wishing I had a popcorn to go with .

"Mom please I don't have time for this " he said exasperated

"Who's your friend ?" She finally asked

"Miracle meet my mother , Karina , mom my friend miracle " he introduced .

I stretched my hands out to her for a shake not sure how to greet her , but to my surprise she pulled me in for a hug .

"I have never met a friend of kings' before , I'm so elated to meet you , for him to have you meet me , you are important to him ".

Had it been I was as light as her , I would have been so many shades of red at her words .

Not knowing what else to say I settled for a thank you .

" Does she know? " She asked her son , who rolled his eyes at her " off course she does" . He replied clearly annoyed with his mother .

She turned to me " it's good you know , maybe you can convince my soon to agree for surgery , convince him to take the second chance he has at life " .

I looked at king shocked beyond words and I felt betrayed , without waiting for the explanation he was about to spill , I ran out of the house , while big fat tears fell down my cheeks .

Yay I feel so proud right now ... Thanks for your support .

Don't forget to tap that star , it helps your girl 🙏😊