twenty second .

King's POV

I spent every time I could with miracle  , watching her die wasn't easy , I only hoped her mom could deal with her passing .

Everyday that ended drew her nearer to her death and she was slipping from us .

This days she could hardly breathe and she seemed not to recognize people around her , sometimes she would mumble about a certain grandpa waiting for her in a bright light .

I was sacred to leave her side , afraid I would miss even a single moment of her life .

She had promised me to be here when I got my surgery , and so far she had made good on her promise, I didn't know how long she could keep fighting , I could tell she was getting tired .

Today I was going in for my surgery and I was scared and nervous .

I wanted to wait till miracle's passing but my doctor said the sooner the better , so here we are with me In a patient out fit ready to have my heart opened .

We got into the theatre and the anesthesiologist did her thing and all feelings in my upper region was numbed before I was sedated .

" He should be awake now " I heard voices , I tried to open my eyes but that seemed like a difficult task and just like that I slipped back into unconsciousness.

" King , king , can you hear me ?"  I heard my name being called out .

" Why is it so bright in here ?" I asked, my eyes opening as I struggled to adjust to the light .

" How many fingers am I holding up ?" The doctor asked , three of his fingers held up .

" Three" I said

" What's your name ?" He asked

" King Mofe Adams" I replied . The doctor took my vitals and left my ward.

" Oh king I'm so happy you are alright" my mom said as she came into my room with my father .

" I'm happy your fine son " he said .

" For how long was I out ?"  I asked .

" One week"  she replied and I my eyes widened.

" Shit ,  Miracle , I need to go be with her " I said attempting to get up .

" King relax , she's alright , I have been in contact with her mother "  I said and that got me to calm down a bit .

" I need to go be with her , she needs me "

" King calm down , I will go ask the doctor if it's possible for you to be discharged now" . My mom said , going to see the nurse .

A few minutes later , she returned with the doctor .

" Your mother tells me you have somewhere important to be , so I'm going to let you go . Please be careful , your stitch is not healed yet , don't stress and avoid strenuous activity , that includes dancing" he said and gave me papers to sign and to my parents too .

I was dressed and ready to go a few minutes later  , a nurse came with a wheel chair which I refused , but  she said something about it being hospital policy so I had to comply if I wanted to leave immediately .

My dad drove us to miracle's home and I hurried Into her house and rushed into her room , where her mom was beside her , tears streaming down her face as she held on to her daughter's hand.

I got beside her and dropped on my knees and she turned to me and smiled weakly .

I attempted to smile back but it came out as a grimace , tears brimmed in my eyes .

" I left the hospital as soon as I woke up, I'm so sorry it took me so long to come back , turns out I Fell Into a coma after my surgery " I said , she lifted her hand from her mom's and brought it to my cheek and stroked it , a few stray tears dropping from her eyes .

I knew she was trying to comfort me , I sobbed and she tried to wipe my tears .

The heart monitor in her room , made a high beeping sound and the reading lines on the scream , dropped to a single line as her hand fell from my cheek and her eyes closed .

Her body stilled as she stopped breathing . I felt the wind being knocked out of me .

I stepped away from her bed , not wanting to believe she was gone , and how dare she do that with a fucking smile on her face .

I was enraged  , angry because I felt betrayed , she had lied , she promised she would be here after my surgery .

The nurse in charge of taking care of her came and strengthened her body and covered her up .

A heart wrenching sob tore from her mother's throat as she watched her only child and family being taking away into an ambulance  .

I didn't even know when the ambulance got there , everything happened in slow motion , I felt numb .

I went to her mother and pulled her Into a hug , I held onto her , silently whispering to her that she wasn't alone .

Life might have taken away her only child from her , but it sure as hell gave her another back .

I was going to be everything she needed , I was going to care for her like miracle could have .

I felt my tears falls as a scream tore from my throat .

My miracle was gone forever.

She gave me a beautiful and memorable 365 moments and it was definitely worth it .

I was lucky to have met her and also extremely lucky she let me know it's not enough to be alive , she thought me to live .

Oh my God ... I'm so proud of myself .

This story took a totally different turn than I Intended.
I'm so happy it's over .

And I hope it was worth your time .

Expect an epilogue definitely.

It was a rollercoaster of emotions writing this chapter.

Thanks for sticking by me .

Don't forget to vote , comment and share too

Pls follow me.

Love you all❣️
✌️