Tenth battle

The brightness that poured into my room was enough to cause blindness , it was so fucking bright I couldn't see when I opened my eyes and my head ached badly , my feet was swollen and my joints and bones hurt like hell , I got out of bed and went into the bathroom , had a shower and changed into my clothes for the day , I head outside my room to find my house empty , I walked to the kitchen to see a plate of freshly prepared fried plantain and egg with pap ( maize pudding) I looked at the food with a scowl , I didn't have any appetite this morning , my mouth felt weird and my tommy felt wrong . I just had to force myself to eat to avoid upsetting mom .

I hurriedly ate as little as I could and left the kitchen after taking care of my used plates , I called my mom to find out where she was and she picked on the first ring .

" You didn't wake me up mom ?!" I said with an accusing tone

" Sorry dear, I had to go visit your aunt , had something to discuss with her " she said from the other end of the phone  . I groaned when I heard of her visit to my bitch of an aunt , the annoyance and hate sipping through my pulse thinking about her last visit with her parasite daughter .

" I will see you when I get home okay?! " 

" Alright , pls don't tell them I sent my greetings because I didn't" I replied before she hung up on the call .

After  the phone call I laid down back because I was feeling tired a bit and my body was in  pain , every passing day I felt my body deteriorate , it was really pathetic, but what can I say , life's a bitch .

I laid down and within seconds I was back to sleep  , I slept for a good one hour before waking realizing I had an appointment at the hospital for my weekly check up .

I hurriedly got out of bed and dressed and found my way to the hospital , I got to the hospital and instantly hated everything about my illness ...I already told my mom that I didn't want to spend my last days in the hospital , I rather be at home with her while wasting away .

I made my way to the doctor's office , doctor Johnson handed my case to someone else , couldn't stand to see me die  .

" Good afternoon , miracle" he smiled warmly at me while I took my sit on the examination table , a nurse came an attached an IV tube to my hand .

" How have you been feeling?"  He asked

" Like I'm getting closer to my grave " I replied

" I am sorry about that " he said and I closed my eyes and prayed that time went by quickly so I could get home and rest  .

I laid there on the bed eyes closed hoping that sleep would come , but ,no ,the universe hates me .

" You are very young" I heard someone say , I turned to see an elderly man .

" Good afternoon sir , how are you?" I asked , he smiled

" It's been awhile anyone has asked me that out side of duty , I am doing wonderfully well"  he replied

" What's wrong with you?" I asked unable to shut my mouth before the question slipped out . He saw the worried look on my face and chuckled

" It's okay , I'm just an old man with no family , I have a little kidney problem , but I'm too old for surgery , so we are just waiting till this old engine stops working "  he nonchalantly replies .

" Aren't you sad , that you are going to die" I asked , he laughed

" How can  I  possibly be sad , I have lived for seventy years my dear, that's enough to see life , enough to know I want to go rest . He answered a very distant look taking over his face .

" I don't want to die yet , I still have a lot of things I want to do " I said 

" One thing I'm going to tell you kid , is , life sucks, it's unfair , you either sit and cry about how your time is short or you could make the most of it , some don't have that luxury , be grateful" he said and then  he relaxed back in  his seat .

After a few minutes a nurse came to take him to his room but he turned just before they left the room

" What's your name dear ?" He asked

" My name is miracle" I replied " and your's?"

" Just call me grandpa" he said and smiled then left .

I laid down and fortunately Enough I felt relieved and happy , I closed my eyes and allowed darkness take me.