fourteenth battle

King pov

I glanced at my screen contemplating calling her but decided against it , she was breaking down my walls and was doing that really fast .  I decided to start avoiding her after the episode I had a couple of weeks ago for overexerting myself and my poor heart .

My phone rang and just for a few minutes I imagined it was her but then life was a bitch , I groaned when I saw the caller , I picked up the call and braced my self for what was to come .

" King , why didn't you go to the hospital , Doctor Akpomuje called me "  my mother complained and I took a deep breath   " you would know if you actually cared " I replied .

" Don't be like that king , I and your father are doing everything possible to make sure you have your surgery but you have proven our efforts futile!" I could tell she was getting mad because her voice went up a notch .

" I don't care , what do I have to live for , my life is a total wreck , just live me alone for fuck sake , you and  dad didn't care until I was diagnosed , you probably wouldn't care as much if I wasn't your only child " .  I ran a hand through my short hair , clearly tired of the conversation .

" You know that's not true , we care plenty about you , we are just..." I cut her off before she could complete her statement .

" Just save it mom , I don't care , I'm not getting the surgery , I don't need it . I'm better of dead anyways , since I'm of no use to you and your husband " . I said and ended the call before she could reply .

I ended up in front of miracle's gate , how I got there couldn't really be explained . I got out my phone and called her , she picked on the first ring   " can you come out ?"      I asked ,and just like that she was outside wearing a huge hoodie that looked like she was thrown inside on a sweatpant , I took a good look at her face to say I was shocked was a big understatement , she looked different from the girl I saw a few weeks ago , sickly and pale if that was even possible .

" What the hell , you look like shit " I said , she gave me a flat look , I know that was a poor thing to say , I was never good with handling stuffs like this , so I settled with playing it off cool .

" Thanks for stating the obvious , what do you want ?"  She asked

" I wanted to see you " I replied , she stared at me for a few seconds    " good you have seen me , can I go back In now , it's really cold out side "  she said .

It was anything but cold , it was chilly yes , but cold that was a no-no , I looked at her and she shivering  and I had this feeling of guilt and concern watch over me .

" Are you okay ?" I asked , she looked at me and gave a sigh  ,  " can we take a walk , I could use one "  she said and started walking down the road .

" So ... I'm really sorry , I went MIA on you , it wasn't intended , just had some things to take care of " . I started with that apology and she smiled at me , letting me that she didn't hold any grudges .

" It's fine , I can't say I understand, but it's fine ,at least you came to see me " .

She took a deep breath and stopped in her tracks and she looked up at the moon,

  " thanks for that day you took me to that field , you have helped appreciate nature even more" .

" It's cool " there was an ominous silence , I couldn't help but feel she wanted to sat something and it would be horrible to the ears .

" I have small cell lungs cancer , I'm dieing " she said . I stared at her not really knowing how to react .

" Are you sure?" I knew it was a dumb question but that was all my brain  could think of . 

" Yes  king , I'm sure , the doctors said it "  she replied.

" I'm sorry, that must be awful" she glanced at me with a small smile on her face before turning back the way we came.

" It's nothing to be sorry , I'm happy for the time I have even if it's little , I'm very grateful for it "  she said and turned to go back inside , I was left standing alone stunned .

I was sad and angry  . Sad because she didn't deserve the coin life was dealing her , angry because she clearly wants to live but she can't , while I'm busy praying to die cause my life sucks , and I have an option I clearly didn't want.

Life truely was unfair .

Finally we got to hear kings side of the story .. leave your comments ....