fifteenth battle

"Could you grab that bottle of water by the desk for me ?"   I asked king , he slumped on my bed going through one of my books , I'm not sure he was reading it , I doubt he was . He glared at me and took the bottle off the table and passed it to me .

" You do know you are closer to the desk " he said . I gasped and held my chest in faux  pain     " you would really ask your friend who has cancer to work ?"  He rolled his eyes and smiled while pulling me in for a big hug .

It's been weeks since we started talking again , we have gotten closer and he's been really good and supportive , while my health was deteriorating fast , I had him and my mom to help me through the pain  .

I glanced at him to see he was engrossed with the book in his hand , he was reading it after all . King has always been a big mystery and still is , even after knowing him for so long , he never talks about his parents or family and whenever I bring it up he changes the topic , and recently I have been noticing some weird things about him , he looked sick and tired although he tried to hide them but I noticed .

"Are you okay?" I asked.

" Hey , that's my line , your the sick one not me " he replied  I scowled, knowing he was trying to change the topic .

" King , don't do that , I'm being serious " I said and sat up a bit away from him  and looked him the face , knowing he wouldn't lie if I had eye contact with him .

" I'm fine Mimi , just stressed , don't worry about me , this whole stuff with you is stressing me out and scaring me "  .

He replied , my face fell , I didn't know how much it hurt him to see me this way and I selfishly always asked him to spend the day with me   since I couldn't go outside , I was always tired.

" I'm sorry , if it's too hard , you can stay away , it's cool , I wouldn't want anyone to go through this sort of difficulty"  I replied .

He pulled me to him , he did that alot these days  ,  like he was afraid I would disappear .

" If I didn't want to be here , I wouldn't, it's just so scary , it feels like I just found you and then I'm loosing you . I'm not ready for that , I just found you ,you have been Good for me , I found a new outlook on life with you , I'm beginning to see things a bit more clearer and most importantly , your condition has thought me alot " .

I hummed and snuggled deeper into his warmth , even though I was wearing a hoodie I still felt cold but the warmth seeping out from him was just what I needed .

I was getting tired , I already had my dose of human interaction so I needed my beauty sleep , I closed my eyes and held onto him even if I couldn't say it , I hope he realized I cared .

Short chapter I know ...but I felt like ending it here ...

Thanks so much for your support it means alot ..
Love y'all ❣️