twentieth

King's POV

It'  been months since I last saw miracle and my parents have been on my neck about my surgery it's not like I couldn't live with the hole , closing it was simply a means for a comfortable life , though it could be dangerous and could end my life  I didn't care .

I had been miserable , feeling like I lost purpose and that look on miracle's face hunted me everyday .

It has been increasingly difficult to breath and I had to take it easy this past few days , more reason while I couldn't dance with my crew . It was saddening not being able to do what I loved  most , dancing .

I didn't stop dancing because of my illness but mostly because of my parents , I remembered the exact words my father said to me .

"Daddy , there's a dance competition coming up , I'd love to enter"  twelve year old me said .

My father looked up from his computer and looked at me like I said the most abominable thing a child could have uttered .

"  How many times do I have to tell you to stop wasting your time on such frivolities , you are the heir to my empire , you will not be a dancer " he said the word " dance" like it was filth .

I remember feeling so broken and depressed the one thing I loved I couldn't do because my father saw it as a waste of time , shortly after I was diagnosed with PFO  and I refused to get the surgery out of spite and anger .

Maybe I wanted to punish my parents for wanting to dictate my life and tell me what to do with it , just maybe I wanted to have a little control even if it meant I would die doing so .

I left my house for miracle's home, hoping I could see her . I arrived at her home and I got this erie feeling that something was wrong , it was too quite .

I knocked on the door and her mother answered the door and she looked tired and defeated , the eye bags hanging on her lower lids were very visible speaking of many sleepless nights .

" Oh king , it's good you are here , she's been asking for you " she said 

" Where is she ?" I asked 

" In her room " I went up to her room and my heart stopped at what greeted my sight , miracle was laid on her bed which didn't look like the room I was in a few months ago , it looked like a make shift hospital room , she had an oxygen mask to her face , she looked pale and for a  moment I was afraid she was dead , but the beeping of the machine in her room proved me wrong , I went to her and sat by her and grabbed her hand .

She seemed to have felt my presence because her eyes opened and she took off her mask and I realized she found it extremely difficult to breath , she smiled at me , but it was a weak one .

"King" she rasped , I had to move closer to hear her well , her voice was merely just above a whisper.

" Hey , don't talk " I said

" Please , I want to talk to you , I don't know if we can have this time again"  she said

" King , I know you feel lost and neglected , you want to spite your parents"  I tensed , clearly not wanting to have the conversation with her .

" Miracle please" I told her

" Please listen to me ,  I want you to think of what you have to give the world , the world needs you . I have always wanted to be a 
writer , but now that will remain just a dream , never to be realized "  I took a deep breath and brought my hand to my head .

She was breaking my walls  , getting through to me , it was extremely painful hearing her speak such truths .

" You have a chance , please don't waste it , I want you to live , show the world what you have to give , dance if you have to " she said and relaxed back into her bed , falling unconscious once again .