fourth battle

Wednesdays has always been bright  , one of my favorite day of the week ,  Monday being my worse , Monday is like I don't know a day after the weekend reminding you of the fact you have a job you hate to go back to .

Today I decided to go to a book shop to buy some books it's been a while I read a hard cover book so I hurried to the book shop across my street .

I went in and went to the romance section , I started skimming through the books in the section looking for something that might hold my attention but I saw nothing but I didn't give up almost immediately a book with a red cover titled love and lust , the cover was eye catching so I decided to pick it out , I took and I was about to go back to the front desk to pay for it but I hit something no a person I closed my eyes because I thought I was going to fall but the person caught me by my waist .

"Do you always get in trouble?" The male deep voice asked I shook my head trying to dislodge some of the dizziness I felt ,

" What" I looked up and my eyes met a pair of blue ones and my eyes widened " it's you" I said

" You should be more careful I can't be there to save you all the time " he said that and started to walk away but I followed him

" Excuse me ?" I asked he turned " Thank you for helping me that day and for today as well " 

" Appreciation accepted " he said and turned back   " your eyes are beautiful" I said

" Thank you " he replied and walked away.

I went to the front desk to pay for my book and left the book shop just as I stepped outside the guy came out

" Can I get your name please" I asked

" No" he replied curtly

" I am miracle it's nice meeting you Mr?" I said putting my hand out for a handshake he just started at it and stuffed his hand in his pocket .

" You don't need my name " he replied curtly I narrowed my eyes at his rudeness .

" There's absolutely no reason for you to be rude" I say raising my chin and praying to God that I looked intimidating enough .

" Get out of my face " he said and walked past me while pushing his shoulders against me , I gasped , he had no manners whatsoever , who treats a lady like this , for a moment I considered going after him but changed my mind deciding to go home , I had a good book at hand that needed thorough reading .

A few minutes later I got home , the house was silent which means mom must have left for her seminar , I walked to the kitchen and found a bag of shrimp crackers I took it and a bottle of cold frizzy drink and went up to my room . I took off my jeans and put on my comfortable shorts and a tank top , deciding I was comfortable enough I flopped down on my bed and started on my books .

" Mira?!" I heard my name from the living room

" In my room mom !" I replied coming back to reality the door to my bedroom creaked open and my mom peeked in

" What are doing ?" She asked " I went to o the bookstore and decided to buy a few books "

" What's the title?"

" Love and lust"  she nodded

" Come down in a few dinner will be ready "

" I am not sure I want to eat mom " she sighed and left my room

My head started aching and I felt this pain in my ankle I sat up and took a look at my feet it was swollen , I took my pain killers and decided to soak my feet in warm water  after a while the pain seemed to go down I took my feet out and decided to let sleep take me .

I woke up the next morning with body cramps my joints were sore , my head hurt like hell , my breathing was shallow I was struggling to breath , I heaved trying to get my body the much needed oxygen but it was impossible , I tried to yell for my mom but it came out in a low pathetic whisper , tears leaked from my eyes from frustration , I felt my body becoming weaker , I continued trying to breath but it was becoming impossible , with the little strength in me I knocked off the glass of water by my bed side table , almost immediately my mom came bursting into my room  .

" Oh my gosh , miracle" she said as she tried to pick me up

" M..mom o..xy.." I tried to get out while struggling for breath I held on to my chest , I heaved , my mom scurried to the other side of my room where I had my cupboard and a little wall drawer she pulled out my Oxygen mask and went out to get my reserved oxygen , she hurried up and put my mask on my face while connecting the oxygen to it .

I relaxed when I felt the familiar burst of the life sustaining chemical filled my cancerous lungs , I took in the much needed air until I stopped heaving , I felt tears gather at my eyes , I blinked them away trying my utmost best not to let them spill , incidents like this reminded me of how short my life was .