Eighth battle v

You know how sometimes , you wake up and realize that this wasn't how you imagined your life , you remember all the plans and dreams you had , I woke this morning feeling so sad and depressed , I didn't want to get out of bed but I had to . If there was one thing I promised myself , it was that I would never throw a pity party for myself , I would never feel sorry for myself because everyday I had on earth no matter how short is a blessing .

" Miracle!, Mira!?" My mom's voice came from the corridor leading to our living room . She poked her head into my room with the brightest smile .

" What do you want mom?" I asked not ready for the rainbows and sunshines that came with her bright smile.

"Someone's moody"

"I'm not thrilled to die this year"

"Awwn , Miracle I can't imagine how you feel everyday"  my mom's sad expression broke my heart , I sat up in bed and opened up my arms and she stepped into them and gripped me in a tight hug and just for those few moments all my worries and anger disappeared. I was a baby again in the arms of my mother .

I let go of my mother after I reassured her that I was feeling better , I stood up to go to the bathroom , when the feeling of nausea hit me , I ran into the bathroom and bent over the toilet and emptied my stomach not like it had a lotto give but the little I managed to eat was thrown away .

I got up and washed my mouth and had my bath came out and had my pain medication , my head was aching and my joints weren't helping issues either , my feet was swollen .  I put on my clothes and head out of my room to the living room .

I found my mom watching a series, that was unlike her , I sat beside her and cuddled up to her .

" Never forget me ?" I said to her

"What did you say?"

"Don't ever forget me mom , be happy, move on but don't ever live as if I never existed"  I told her , trying to steady my quivering voice .

" Miracle , I don't know how I'm going to cope or be able to live without you and your father , life has been cruel to me and it has kept dealing with me in the same coin "
My mom said , tears dropped from her eyes  .

I moved closer to her and closed my eyes , I had no appetite to eat , though my mother had asked me to but I couldn't stomach anything and all I wanted to do was just sleep and forget everything.

           *********
The smell of curry , thyme and chicken woke me up from my slumber , I looked around and realized it was noon ,my mom was in the kitchen , listening and dancing to an imaginary song

" What are you cooking?" I asked she turned around with a start and smiled when she saw me , she instinctively put her hand on my forehead , I scrunched up my face and moved away .

" You were running a fever earlier"

" It broke I guess , I'm feeling better now"

I peered over her shoulder into the pot , rice was boiling away in water filled with , tomatoes , and other condiments.

My mouth instantly watered and I wished I could eat the food and be able to savor it .

" The food would soon be ready "

True to my mom's words, thirty minutes later , a plate of hot jollof rice was placed before me , I stared at the food and  took a spoonful into my mouth , the taste was amazing  , my mom has always been a wonderful cook but I wasn't half as good as her when it came to the domestic aspect .

I ate the food with gusto and soon enough my plate was empty , I thanked my mom and cleared my plates .

I decided to go outside and walk around , the House wasn't really helping my mood .

I took the popular Keke napep ( tricycle) and headed to the Library I wanted to read a little and relax .

I got to the library and went inside and found my regular seat ,I went down one of the aisle to find myself a book to read , just as I was navigating through the romance shelf , a hand shot through from the other side and gripped my hand

"Ahhhhhh!!!!" I screamed in fright

"Hahaha!! You should have seen your face it was priceless"  a voice said filled with mirth

I frowned and turned around to see the culprit come to my side and those blue eyes that never cease to amaze me appeared before me .

"Are you nuts !? You could have given me a heart attack" I scolded

" Yeah , I didn't know I was scaring my grandma" he retorted still laughing .

" I'm happy to see I provide you with a source of amusement" I say rolling my eyes 

grabbing the book I wanted and returned back to my seat .
To my dismay , king trotted behind me taking a seat with me too .

" What do you want?"

"Ouch!" He said grabbing his heart in faux pain

" I thought you were eager to see me ?"

" That was before I knew just how annoying you can be" I said .

" I'm not annoying" he replied

"And the rainbow has two colors" I replied sarcasm lacing my voice

" Now be quiet, I'm trying to read " I said and decided to ignore the boy before me , but he was having none of it as he kept poking the book and trying to grab it out of my hands .

" Would you stop  , I don't want to be kicked  out of the Library " I whispered to him , when I saw the librarian glaring daggers at us both

" Why are we whispering" king asked with a whisper , genuinely oblivious.

"It's a Library dummy loud noises are not allowed and you my friend is very loud " I say to him .

" I'm not a dummy , and besides you are having been holding that book up side down " he pointed out with a smirk and made his way out of the Library.