Chapter 20

" I'm obsessive, and I love too hardGood at overthinking with my heartHow you even think it got this far?This far

Good at overthinking with my heart
How you even think it got this far?
This far.. And I can be needy, way too damn needy
I can be needy, tell me how good it feels to be needed"

 And I can be needy, way too damn needyI can be needy, tell me how good it feels to be needed"

Tristian's POV

Walking out of my bedroom, I noticed my little doll sitting on the counter as she ate a small bowl of cereal. She had knocked softly on the bathroom door earlier during my shower and asked through the door if she could make herself a bowl. I was quite surprised she mustered up the courage to ask me while I was showering, but I was still agitated by what she asked for.

I wanted her to become completely comfortable with me.. but with that came time, and I didn't do myself any better by ignoring her and making her feel horrible.

Darragh pushed too fucking hard.. He had to be absolutely insane if he thought I would ever work for him.. Especially after the shit he pulled with Ingrid.. I wouldn't fucking allow him to touch her again.

" Doll? " I spoke, and she looked up as his smile brightened. She had one of my oversized sweatshirts and a spare pair of black boyshorts she kept in her bag. I did my best to ignore her exposed legs as I didn't want to get any ideas. She placed the now empty bowl on the counter beside her and hopped down as she walked over to me.

She slipped her hand into mine and hummed softly.

" I'm going to the hospital today.. " I whispered, and she frowned as she got a bit closer to me.

" Why? " She asked, slightly afraid, and I sighed.

" My mother... I actually want you to meet her. "

" Really? " She asked, her eyes lighting up, and I felt a sense of warmth as I pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear and nodded. I had told her a bit about my mother earlier in the morning as she looked over a few pictures I had of her..

" Of course, doll. " She smiled happily as I walked over to the couch and took a seat. She sat beside me for a moment and laid on my shoulder as I turned the TV on to one of her favorite shows. She was currently watching a show with an older vibe to it. Bridgerton, was it? I didn't care much for the show as this was the first time I'd ever seen it, but I was interested in what she liked.