Chapter 12

"Look, I don't mean to frustrate, but IAlways make the same mistakes, yeah IAlways make the same mistakes 'causeI'm bad at love

Always make the same mistakes, yeah I
Always make the same mistakes 'cause
I'm bad at love."

Tristian's POV

Tristian's POV

I gripped my hair in my hands as I tried to stop my mind from exploding. Once Geoffrey dropped me off at the building, my ears started ringing, and I began to see red. I tried calling Ingrid all night yesterday and got no sleep. I'm sure she has more than a hundred miss calls, but she didn't even want to give me one ounce of attention, so I at least knew she saw my effort. And the fact that she was ignoring me added to the built-up anger.

Noah stuck me in this stupid office to help him succeed, and now he thinks he can control me just because the fate of my mother rests in his hands.

I must've been seeing red for far too long because I somehow ended up in the room with broken glass everywhere, chairs and tables flipped over, and my hand was dripping blood from the glass shards that got stuck. I stared down at my hand as I didn't even feel the pain, and I heard a small gasp. Snapping my head to the door, I saw Ingrid looking around the room and then looking over to me. My anger suddenly felt lifted, and I just stared at her as I didn't even notice she was pulling me to the door and out of the room to another.

She sat me in a chair, and I didn't say anything as I watched her move around, and she grabbed a medical kit. She sat in front of me and started to move her lips. I tilted my head as I didn't hear a word coming out of her mouth. All I could see was her beautiful doll-like face scrunching in worry and anger.

I felt my ears once again, and I finally heard what she was saying, but I noticed she was speaking in Spanish. I looked down at my hand and noticed the bleeding was gone, and she was now bandaging it up. Looking back up, I saw that she stopped talking as she focused on finishing my hand.

" ....You haven't been returning my calls.. " I spoke, and she paid me no mind.

" Ingrid... " I said, and she stopped and looked up at me.

" ... Yes Tristian "

" Amber came on to me, not the other way around. " She looked back down to my hand and continued without saying a word. Once she finished, she stood up and placed everything back in its place. She walked towards the door, and I stood up and made my way over to her.