Chapter 6

"I was left to my own devicesMany days fell away with nothing to showAnd the walls kept tumbling downIn the city that we loveGrey clouds roll over the hillsBringing darkness from above"

Many days fell away with nothing to show
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above"

"I was left to my own devicesMany days fell away with nothing to showAnd the walls kept tumbling downIn the city that we loveGrey clouds roll over the hillsBringing darkness from above"

Tristian's POV

I walked into the hospital with my head down and, my fists clenched. It's been a few days since I've seen my mother; it's been leaving me on edge. She was the reason why I wake up in the morning.. why I felt like being alive on this godforsaken earth. 

The nurses and doctors at the hospital were afraid of me. Every time I walked into the building, it went silent. They would try their best not to stare, but I knew they did. They always did. I pushed my hoodie off of my head and grabbed my pass that was always on the front desk... Not that anyone would bother asking me what I was doing there. 

Making my way over to the elevator, I pushed the 6th floor. The doors closed, and I sighed as I leaned against the wall. Ingrid hadn't called me, texted me, or came to see me at all yesterday. I didn't expect her to come or talk to me every day, but it's what I wanted.. needed... in moments like this... 

She was so innocent in her own way, and I felt like I couldn't be brutal or harsh to her like I am towards other people. There was something that made me want to protect her with everything I had..

The doors of the elevator opened, and I walked out. It was quiet.. like always. Even though my father was a terrible human being, he made sure my mother was in the quietest place in the hospital. I went down the halls and made eye contact with an old nurse named Margaret. She smiled, sympathetically at me, and I approached her. She took care of my mother on a day to day basis and understood what I was going through.

" How are you, Tristian, my boy? " She asked softly, and I shrugged.

" I could be better " She nodded her head and beckoned me to follow her. 

" She just woke up about 30 minutes ago. She'll be very excited to see you. " I didn't say anything as we reached her room. I opened the door and stepped in, closing it behind me. I looked over to my mother, who was staring at the wall emotionless. Her face was pale, and she looked drained. Walking over to her, I sat in a chair that was beside her heart monitor. She couldn't move at all.