Chapter 1

"I meet her on Grafton street right outside of the barShe shared a cigarette with me while her brother played the guitarShe asked me what does it mean, the Gaelic ink on your arm?Said it was one of my friend's songs, do you want to drink on?"

She shared a cigarette with me while her brother played the guitar
She asked me what does it mean, the Gaelic ink on your arm?
Said it was one of my friend's songs, do you want to drink on?"

"I meet her on Grafton street right outside of the barShe shared a cigarette with me while her brother played the guitarShe asked me what does it mean, the Gaelic ink on your arm?Said it was one of my friend's songs, do you want to drink on?"

Tristian's POV

I wiped down my station one last time before throwing the wet paper towel in the trash. The door opened, and I didn't bother to see who walked in. 

" Tristian! He wants a touchup on the tattoo you gave him a while ago. " I sighed as I grabbed my leather gloves and my tools. The man, who I don't care to remember the name of, took a seat on the chair and I sat on the smaller one. 

" What tattoo are we working on today? " I asked as his body was full of them. He pulled his sleeve up and showed me a compass that I now remember drawing for him. Getting started on his touchup, he tried to make small talk with me, but as everyone already knew, I don't talk a lot. 

Growing up, I always thought my life was simple, but apparently, it wasn't. My mother, who has always been the light in my life, sadly became dim. She was in a train accident that happened five years ago and experienced trauma so bad that she went into a shock that she has yet to recover from. She has become mute and no longer moves her body to do anything. It's as if she became paralyzed. I get all of my creativity from her. Just thinking about her sends me into a dark mood, and my imagination runs wild of the art I can create in that state of mind.

My father, on the other hand, is the source of all of my built-up anger. He is a very successful lawyer with many connections. He wants me to 'get off my ass' as he puts it and get a job like him that will make me a lot more money. I only talk to him when it's necessary, meaning when I get in trouble with law enforcement. He knows I hate him, but he doesn't know why. He isn't aware that I've caught him multiple times having an affair with different women behind my mother's back. He isn't aware that I know he's just using my mother for the press. There have been times when I just wanted to blow up in his face and let him how angry I was with him and maybe beat him to death. But he's the one who pays for my mother's treatment and could pull the plug whenever he wanted to.