Chapter 10

"Something must've gone wrong in my brainGot your chemicals all in my veinsFeeling all the highs, feeling all the pain

Got your chemicals all in my veins
Feeling all the highs, feeling all the pain

Let go on the wheel, it's the bullet lane
Now I'm seeing red, not thinking straight
Blurring all the lines, you intoxicate me"

Let go on the wheel, it's the bullet laneNow I'm seeing red, not thinking straightBlurring all the lines, you intoxicate me"

Ingrid's POV

I waved goodbye to Mr. Arthur as I put away my music sheets. My father had informed me this morning that we had a business party to attend to this afternoon meaning, I have to be on my best behavior and I had to get ready in a few hours. He picked out a dress for me and I haven't even seen it but I thanked him when he told me. I've been trying to get on his good side as my Abuelita has been really riling him up and I know he's eventually going to take his anger out on me. 

Speaking of her it was really hard trying to convince her that I wasn't dating Tristian. She didn't believe me at first but after a while, she finally gave in, but I knew she just did it to get away from me.

I really think some time away from Tristian will do me some good because the closer I shift towards him, the more I don't want to get away from him. I don't think it's healthy for him to be on my mind as constantly as he is and it's really affecting my studies. Thankfully, my father hasn't noticed. 

My father told me that his business partner and his son I need to work with will be there so I need to make sure there are no screw-ups. He's taking me to their new building tomorrow which is when I'll be officially be working for him. I don't think I'll mind it, I just hope his son doesn't give me a hard time as I've heard he can be.

Walking into the hallway, I felt my breath hitch and my spine pull straighter as my father walked towards me. He was dressed in his regular suit attire and his face, as usual, was emotionless.

" G-good morning papa.. " I said softly when he reached me and looked at his watch.

" The party starts in a few hours.. come along. I have your dress prepared in the tailoring room. " I nodded my head and followed after him as he led me to the room a few doors away from his home office. He opened the door and my eyes went wide as I looked at the beautiful dress in awe. My father was always over the top. Even if it's just a business party, he wants me to stand out as much as possible for me to get recognized by different businessmen. The same goes for all the other girls that are going to be there, who look extremely beautiful and follow every rule of their fathers as well.