Chapter 17

"On my heart, where you're resting your headAnd you just look so beautifulIt's like you were an angelCan I stop the flow of time?Can I swim in your divine?'Cause I don't think I'd ever leave this place

And you just look so beautiful
It's like you were an angel
Can I stop the flow of time?
Can I swim in your divine?
'Cause I don't think I'd ever leave this place."

Ingrid's POV

Ingrid's POV

We sat in the corner of the library peacefully as there were not a lot of people around

We sat in the corner of the library peacefully as there were not a lot of people around. Tristian watched me silently as I walked around the shelves and pulled out a few books that either caught my interest or that I wanted him to try. I placed them on the table silently and he picked them up slowly. 

" These are some... rather interesting choices, doll. " He muttered, and I smiled as I knew he was confused from my range of inspirational books to a few Harry Potter ones. I walked over with the last few and placed them on the table. I looked over to the corner to see a small reading nook that had a fireplace, a bean bag, and an overall comfy aesthetic.. It looked so cozy and the library was a little cold as well. I grabbed his hand unconsciously and he glanced up at me in question as he tilted his head. 

" What is it, baby.. " He asked and I glanced down at his fingers as I mustered up the courage to speak.

" I.. I want you to read to me. " I whispered softly looking up at him through my eyelashes and he smiled as he stood up and nodded over to the books. 

" Choose the one you want me to read.. " He said and I nodded excitedly as I chose the first Harry Potter book in the series. We walked over to the nook and he sat in the bean bag comfortably. Biting my lip as I looked for a place to sit, he caught me by surprise as he grabbed my arm and pulled me to sit on his lap. I laid my head on his shoulder comfortably as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I blushed as I played with his fingers and his rings as he got comfortable, and soon he let out a laugh as he placed the book to the side. I looked up at him in question and he grinned.