Chapter 21

"Hey, you thereCan we take it to the next levelBaby, do you dare?Don't, be scared'Cause if you can say the wordsI don't know why I should care"

"Hey, you there
Can we take it to the next level
Baby, do you dare?
Don't, be scared
'Cause if you can say the words
I don't know why I should care"

"Hey, you thereCan we take it to the next levelBaby, do you dare?Don't, be scared'Cause if you can say the wordsI don't know why I should care"

Ingrid's POV

Stepping into the hospital room, I sat beside Tristian as we waited in the waiting room to see his mother. He seemed uneasy.. His knee bounced, and his hands shook. Almost as if he was nervous.. I leaned my head on his shoulder and slipped my hand into his as I bit my lip. He sighed heavily as he rubbed the back of my hand.

He'd told me a bit about his mother, how she ended up paralyzed, how he was fighting in the ring to pay for her treatments.. how he felt responsible for where she was currently.. He cared about her deeply, and it touched my heart how he was willing to introduce me to her..

" .. I hope she'll like me.. " I whispered, feeling the pressure slightly, and he looked over to me and shook his head.

" She's going to love you, doll.. " He whispered, and I nodded as I wrapped my arms around his waist, and he pulled me closer to him. Another 15 minutes passed, and we got called by one of the nurses, Margaret. Standing up, we walked into the hospital room, and I played with my sleeves as he walked up the side of the bed. His mother was lying there silently as the machines beeped. She wasn't too pale or frail, but I could tell she wasn't at her brightest.

He sat in the seat beside her bed and spoke.

" Hi, mom.. " He began, and I already felt tears spring to my eyes. I didn't know I would feel this sad, but watching him for only a few seconds made me feel emotional. I tried to hide them as he continued speaking.

" I.. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately.. its been a bit rough these last few weeks... " He muttered, and I immediately thought about Darragh as well as the silent treatment I'd received from him..

" I brought someone for you to meet. " He spoke, and I bit my lip as a few tears fell down my eyes.

" Remember the girl I told you about.. she's here with me now, and I wanted to introduce you to her. " He muttered and looked over at me for a moment. He furrowed his eyebrows as he grabbed my hand.