Chapter 27

"You know what I'm thinkin', see it in your eyesYou hate that you want me, hate it when you cryYou're scared to be lonely, 'specially in the nightI'm scared that I'll miss you, happens every time"

You hate that you want me, hate it when you cry
You're scared to be lonely, 'specially in the night
I'm scared that I'll miss you, happens every time"

"You know what I'm thinkin', see it in your eyesYou hate that you want me, hate it when you cryYou're scared to be lonely, 'specially in the nightI'm scared that I'll miss you, happens every time"

Tristian's POV

Getting dressed after a much-needed shower, I found myself sitting on the couch as Ingrid was doing a bit of reading in the other room. I decided to step away as I pondered. I almost killed someone, and instead of having a rather normal reaction to being near me, she was more clingy than before.. even went as far as to justify what I had done. She was afraid but, oddly enough, not as afraid as she truly should have been.

I'd been observing her for some time, and I hated labeling it, but she was manifesting some sort of codependency with me. With her fear of abandonment, fear of rejection, and need for reassurance, I was almost positive I could do no wrong in her eyes if it wasn't directed toward her.

Lost in my thoughts, I had to breathe in deeply as she adorably walked over to me, only dressed in one of my sweatshirts and a pair of socks. Sitting by me on the couch, she looked up at me lovingly, and I looked down at her as I ran my fingers through her hair.

" Something on your mind, doll? " She bit her lip for a moment before a blush coated her face.

" ..My boyfriend.. " She whispered, embarrassed, and I smiled as I maneuvered her over to straddle my lap.

" You're boyfriend, huh.. " I muttered, and she nodded quickly as I placed a kiss on her neck. " And what about your boyfriend is on your mind, dollface... "

" Even though.. the fight was very scary.. I love how athletic you are.. and I-I like the way you did your combos.. " She whispered, and I looked at her as I tilted my head.

" Combos? " I chuckled, and she nodded eagerly.

" You..you were so fast and quick. Your jab, jab, and uppercut combo was my favorite. " She said, smiling. 

I shook my head at her newfound vocabulary. " Something tells me you're happy that guy is in the hospital. " I muttered, somewhat knowingly, and she huffed.